First Seattle Burger Thread

Yeah, one on Aurora is what we’ve seen. How bad can it be? We’re not food snobs :slight_smile:

Oh, they’re not bad, I like Burgermaster. It’s just that the Old style doesn’t suit everyone. But it’s HONESTLY old, unlike a place like Sonic. Overall, I’d categorize Burgermaster as more wholesome, genuine fast food with dated decor.

The location at U Villiage is a sitdown place.

We grind our meat so don’t usually have a burger “out” but we’ve driven by this one so many times. When we’re at U Village it will be Din Tai Fung :slight_smile:

OK, so here’s another entrant for a good burger and an UNBELIEVABLE Happy Hour deal: Lost Lake Cafe.

At HH, the 6-oz cheeseburger with fries is all of $2.99. I nearly ordered two, because I expected it to be severely downsized at that price. I was glad I didn’t–it came full-sized, charbroiled, and with a generous helping of really good fries. THe bun was buttered then grilled, too. Wahine had the buffalo wings ($5.95 and meh). With the HH PBR can special ($1!), for a light dinner in a comfy spot, a couple beers, and generous tip, we were out the door for $15.

Contrast with our $60 HH experience at Goldfinch Tavern. Lost Lake’s burger is better, too.

1 Like

Sounds and looks like a fun place.

http://lostlakecafe.com/

1 Like

You know, Lost Lake is a well-thought-out modern reconstruction of a rundown roadhouse. It’s got a Cap Hill demographic to (not) go with the fish and game mounts and landscape prints, but it all works somehow.

Add the facts that it’s: (a) connected to the Comet Tavern; and (b) next door to Elliot Bay Books, and it’s almost enough to excuse the lack of parking.

From the map it looks quite close to the light rail. ???

Yes, it’s just a block away from the streetcar line.

I wouldn’t have taken you for a PBR fan, Kaleo! What type of cheese do they use on the HH burgers? I grew up in MN and miss the juicy lucys. I’ve been to many a place that can cook a burger well enough, but then most fall flat on the bun or toppings (which should be scant if any). Glad to hear they at least put some effort in to the bun. I’ll have to try that one of these days if I can make it over for a HH.

You DID read that it’s $2.99, right? J/K

1 Like

I already said I wanted to go! :wink: I was just curious. haha.

We’re going to be back in mid-May. I see a group HH in our future :slight_smile:

Sounds great. Although the wife isn’t the biggest fan of burgers…maybe I’ll just tell her I’m working late!

If you stop calling her “the wife” she might join us. :slight_smile: ?

1 Like

I’m very flexible and eclectic in my beer tastes. PBR is my Big Brew swill-of-choice. At $1, it’s easy, if pedestrian. Here in Seattle anyway, IPAs have become unbalanced cariacatures of themselves. My favorite beer this time of year is Veltins Pilsener.

I’ve never been one with words or labels. What’s the acceptable nomenclature these days? DH DW SO?

I only jest with you Kaleo. When I lived in China PBR was premium and there were 3 types to choose from! I used to be one for IPAs, but the tide has come and made them mostly all ‘unbalanced’ as you say. Even the reliable Deschutes has become 2nd rate. If only the great state of WA didn’t abuse laws for established players, we could finally afford to purchase whisky/scotch at reasonable prices.

I call my husband “Bob” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recommend the burger from Renee Erickson’s new pricey meatfest Bateau. The patty is high quality where you can see the freshly ground texture of the beef? Can’t remember the accompaniments and certainly don’t need to… the beef was that flavorful and good.

Now that Spur is gone, I really hope their burger lives on at one of their sister bars.

http://www.restaurantbateau.com/uploads/menus/Bateau-Food-Menu-04.08.16.pdf

Sounds fabulous. Our home ground burgers are 4oz so we could easily split one. Thanks for sharing.