Favourite places and favourite dishes to order in Paris, a list by Travellers and/or Non-Residents

Yes, always, un éclair caramel au beurre salé from L’Éclair de Genie on 14 rue Pavée in the Saint Paul area.

1 Like

I especially like coffee èclairs, but I’m open to many varieties.

Much thanks, Carmenere; exactly the kinds of recs I was hoping for!

Thx too @sfcarole sfcarole for the ris de veau recs.

And yes @Phoenikia , I too have had the rice pudding at L’Ami Jean, and it’s fantastic. And the fact that you still want to eat it after all the other food you’ve had there just before makes it that much more impressive to me!

2 Likes

If you like a good chunk of ris de veau, I love the one at Claude Colliot’s. Studded with cocoa nibs and roasted in butter.

Oh, that sounds divine. It doesn’t appear to be on the menu now, but I’ll keep checking. And the restaurant is right around the corner from the apartment we rent.

I can only encourage you (and everyone) to go to Claude Colliot. Nobody goes there and he’s one of the very best. He’s only not very good at blowing his own horn and is not on Instagram.

2 Likes

Well, as a New Yawker with a subscription to the NYTimes, I cant say that I was impressed with their NY listing so I didn’t have much hope opening your link (I somehow missed the article when it was published). These lists generally don’t do anything for me. But, when it started off with L’Assiette (my favorite lunch during our October stay - thanks Carmenere, for taking us there), I was at least motivated to go thru the rest. Cant say that I’ve been to many that they cite, but I cant fault them (from my limited experiences) on the ones that I have (especially Amarante). They even managed to include Bofinger, my oft criticized infatuation from 4 years ago.

4 Likes

I’m grateful that there was very little expansion into places that I like to go.

1 Like