Favorite North End restos? [Boston, MA]

So sorry to hear about The Daily Catch.

We haven’t been for years, but the last time we went we had a good meal. Things change, sigh.

1 Like

That place has NEVER appealed to me. I have never felt any desire to even step in there. Even from the outside, it looks like the cafeteria for the courthouse. Perhaps the original North End location is better?

2 Likes

Thanks! Ooops, sorry I missed that the reference was to the waterfront location, not the Hanover St. North End location.

I went to the original “waterfront” location near the Moakley Courthouse many years ago. It was truly dreadful. Closed some time ago. The current “waterfront” location is on Atlantic Avenue, a short walk from the North End.

Our first experience with Daily Catch was decades ago when they had a location in Kendall Square. It was amazing. Long gone. Brookline was good fewer decades ago. I’ve never been to the North End/Hanover St/original location. Might be worth a try.

The founding couple had 7 sons, who have now apparently taken over the business.

3 Likes

I totally missed that @fooddabbler was referring to the “waterfront” location. Whoops.

I have been only to the one on Hanover Street, and my last time there is but a distant memory.

2 Likes