Hi Sam and thanks so much for the recommendations!
Just to clarify, I could’ve just as easily asked about lunch as brunch (interchangeable in my mind) as the idea is roughly 11-noon mealtime; in case that lifts any previous restrictions.
That said, Upland looks great to me and I will almost certainly add it to our plans!
I’m a big fan of Yasuda as well, but it’s not my wife’s kind of thing and we’ll be in Tokyo later in the fall. I tend to prefer smaller spaces to dining rooms like Grammercy. I think we’re probably set with Upland though, so thanks again!
If I can pick your brain for 2 more questions:
Sticking with “brunch”, how is Mailiano on weekends for a small group?
Could you offer any dinner suggestions with the following criteria:
- NOT Italian (going to Perla)
- NOT Mediterranean (we’ve got Estela in the books)
- NOT Sushi (Tokyo in fall)
- Under $200 p/p (shouldn’t be difficult)
- ANYWHERE in Lower Manhattan, ideally…
- “Charming” space, however you choose to interpret that: not 100+ seater
- Kick-ass (and creative) chef-driven kitchen
Thanks so much!!
PS: Queues aside, how’s Russ & Daughters new(ish) restaurant?