Favorite Boston cheap eats?

That is terrible news! I’m really sad about that.

Finally tried the pork gyro at Esperia today and it was awesome. Looking forward to trying some other things there too. The people at the next table had a chicken kebab with spinach rice and braised green beans and it all looked amazing – they were pretty happy with it!

My wife loves their lamb kebab, and in addition to the great pork gyro, their moussaka is top notch!

good to know, thanks!

Gene’s Flatbread Cafe, Downtown Boston: #4, #11…ok anything!

Live Noodles, Allston: any of the noodle soups - I prefer it to Gene’s though it’s more expensive - in the $10/plate range but filling.

Blue Asia Cafe, Allston: Grilled quarter leg chicken with rice - ~$10 but delicious and you won’t finish your plate

Shojo, Chinatown Boston - the shojonator, their burger ($6 and filling). Nothing else on that menu qualifies though! If you pair it with their house made ginger beer you end up with alot of great flavors for < $10.
Penang, Chinatown Boston- roti canai + chicken satay, ~$10

Mandarin Malden, Malden- 3 cups chicken, roast beef with scallion roll
Pho Bistro, Malden - pho bo ko, pho gai
Habesha, Malden - yebeg alecha, lega tibs, doro tibs (all ~$10 and very filling)
FuLoon, Malden- pork pancake, $10

Taqueria Jalisco, East Boston - any of the platos, the special quesadilla, all < $10 and extremely filling

Babbo, Seaport Boston- pizza margherita or marinara, both < $10

For those mourning the loss of the Boston Kabob Company- what do you make of the Azama grill down the street? For one, I always enjoyed their spinach pie alot (and it qualifies as a cheap eat at < $2 the times I got it).

1 Like