Eating at (or very near) Penn Station

Pizza Suprema is very good

1 Like

Tir Na Nog has good food strong drinks and great service. I ve been going there for over 20 years. It does get loud when the Knicks, Rangers or the Big East is playing at the Garden

1 Like

A different price point, but I booked CI SIAMO for this weekend and wonder if anyone here has been and cares to share what dishes were great and which were not so great.
Thanks!!

1 Like

Actually, I recently received an email from a friend who owns two pizza shops to the effect that suprema is his fav slice in nyc.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I agree with you @vinouspleasure. Having tried Pizza Suprema so many times over the years-- travelling for work in and out of Penn and reading Slice Harvester’s praise-- trying the square, the grandma and the ‘regular’ slice I have never had an experience like those who praise it, and have thrown away plenty of unfinished slices. Lost on me.

Zaro’s: I’ve always had a soft spot for this place. Seems like the wares are better than you’d expect from a place with locations that include Penn Station and (ugh) Port Authority.

Our local Harris-Teeter carries some Zaros stuff too, so they are doing something right.

R&D: The slicers may be young but they are talented. You don’t get translucent slices in the supermarket slab of acme salmon (having said that, supermarket-level acme can still elevate a Harris-Teeter bagel shmeared with Harris-Teeter cream cheese considerably).