Easy after work drink ideas

Mezcal mo bettah.

Had a Manhattan this evening. Negronis haven’t grown on me yet!

Negroni aren’t my thing, I am not a “bitter” fan.

Love a Manhattan - we need to get you better cherries :wink:

I’d try a Boulevardier if I were you next. If you don’t like that you can rule out Campari drinks.

I use Tillen Farms cherries. I tried Luxardo, but I prefer the Tillen Farms.

I’m never bored with a wide selection of single barrel private selection bourbons. Keeps life simple. My biggest decision is what looks good and 1.5 oz or 3. ???

Hmmm. I’m a luxardo fan, will have to give Tillen again.

I haven’t read thru the responses so I apologize if this is a repeat, have you tried the new-ish honey bourbons or whiskey out there? My wife has recently been turned on to them and I’ve got to tell you I’m shocked at how tasty they are. Straight on the rocks it’s smooth and sweet without any of the whiskey “bite”. Just a FYI.

If I were still drinking this would become a regular for me.

I keep a bottle of home made premixed Manhattans in the freezer. Doesn’t get much easier to enjoy a nice cocktail after work and before dinner. Too easy

So it turns out I’m not a negroni fan. But, keeping my vermouth in thrle fridge was a great tip! Just had a Manhattan with 2 week old vermouth and it still tasted great.

1 Like

Cocktail hour here is typically 3 ounces of high proof bourbon and 1/2 ounce of Centenaire over ice with a couple cherries.

1 Like

I miss the old hand painted bottles for the GM 100. I still have a couple as decorative for my bar but those were nicer than the current.

1 Like

It depends on the temperature and what kinds of garnishes/ingredients I have lying around. Cold in the house? A Negroni , a Gold Rush, a Red Queen, or like that. Warm in the house? A Southside, a Martini, or a Celery Tonic.

I don’t have any of those. The 1880 is in a nice bottle though.

Here we go on display next to the humidor. Interesting side note: I love dipping the end of my cigar in a shot of grand marnier enhancing the sweet and smokey flavors.

2 Likes

In your honor!! Thanks for the inspiration to pull the bottle out. I was disappointed I thought I had a (clear bottle) 100yo but to my chagrin I did not. So cheers with my slightly sweeter slightly less refined standard grand marnier!! Soon it will be cigar weather again!!

1 Like

Cheers, my friend.

1 Like

For me it is spiced wine in winter and sangria in summer.
First, you can do a lot at once. Secondly, these are the simplest recipes for ingredients. I add my favorite fruits to sangria and sometimes use syrups or some kind of spices. Therefore, each time the drink is different.