[East Oakland] The Temple Club- Central Vietnamese food that wows.

What happened to their location?

Unclear. She just said she saw the listing on a real estate newsletter. It’s listed as closed on yelp, and their social media accounts haven’t been updated in a while. I was going to eat there recently, but was diapppointed to see their hours had changed to two days a week.

They’re scheduled soon to start tearing up International Blvd near 23rd Avenue in front of Temple Club for the new Bus Rapid Transit system. The disruption with noise, dust and affecting parking would be significant and might be one of the reasons it’s closing.

Here’s a video on the new system with the repaving shown starting at about the 30 second mark.

1 Like

I don’t know if this was known when the chef rented the space, but it’d really suck if he had invested in the renovation without the knowledge and have to move only a year or two after moving in.

My wife and I are now the chef and GM of le colonial in sf!all the lovely food we cooked and wanted to cook at TC are now at le colonial.
Cheers

8 Likes

I had no idea

Great to hear that you’re now at Le Colonial! I have fond memories of a dinner at Temple Club, now several years ago pre-pandemic. Look forward to trying your food in S.F.!

1 Like

Chef/General Manager Geoff Deetz first appears in the video at about the 1:02 mark.

from YouTube:

Compass Family Services and Le Colonial restaurant in San Francisco joined efforts to provide a Mother’s Day brunch for homeless moms and their family members. Shawn Chitnis reports. (5-8-22)

1 Like