Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

THE. BEST.

Extrawordsbecause

1 Like

The last words in that video are the exact words that Drew uses every time he sees @NotJrvedivici :smiley:

1 Like

:innocent:

1 Like

Make sure you blend up a Lipitor milkshake when you get home! This food is outstanding but I don’t think anything is too low in calories. Nonetheless, I love every minute of it! If this place had a bar, I probably wouldn’t be writing this right now and I’d be 6ft under.

To be serious, you will have a blast! I haven’t taken one person there that hasn’t been impressed. If Sir Eli eats there every month, you’re dealing with a winner! I’m just ready for the summer drews hodown :smile:

5 Likes

I’m getting ready! I decided to bring Mom too.

Lipitor, check!
Cold pack and insulated bag, check!
Reservation confirmed, check!

We’re ready for Friday night!

6 Likes

Her big birthday celebration continues! Love it.

1 Like

You’re locked, loaded and ready to go!

So do have any clue what you’re going to order? He has some great pork specials each night too.

Pork will be high on the list to try. It also depends on what Mom is getting. More people, more chances to taste!

1 Like

Just a heads up
I had to cancel tonight’s reservations. The pollen has been terrible, and I am unable to taste anything due to it. So I’m going to have to reschedule. Darn!

UGH
but you DO want to taste that food, so I guess it’s a good call. Feel better!

Thanks!! I need to go!!

1 Like

So finally I made it to Drew’s!! My Mom and I had a terrific evening. We had 6:15 reservations and got seated right away. The restaurant was busy, but never totally full on this Thursday night. I don’t think I saw anyone arriving past 7:45.

I started off with the Berkshire pork belly, which was unctuous and fantastic. I really enjoyed the pickled onions with it. Mom had the Voodoo shrimp, which she proclaimed as the best shrimp she’s ever had. We also had the jalapeno corn bread, with chipotle honey butter. This was not a sweet corn bread, and the honey chipotle butter was very tasty. For me, it had the right amount of jalapeno in it. The serving size was gargantuan, 4 huge pieces.

I had the pork special for the main: jerk grilled 16 oz pork chop with caribbean BBQ black beans and rice, with a pinapple-ancho glaze, and a cool pineapple salsa on the top. Wowee! The pineapple salsa really made the dish for me. All the elements were perfect together. The chop was cooked perfectly and I have to admit I’m a sucker for perfect triangular grill marks on my protein!

Mom had the jumbo lump crab cakes over a bed a double veggies. She enjoyed them.

We decided to share a dessert and got the beignats and coffee. When I say we, I actually mean just me. The beignats were hot and covered with powdered sugar. They had a nice light airy texture. There was a small pot of bittersweet chocolate to dip them into. Included was a scoop of cappuccino ice cream. It was the perfect foil for the hot beignats. If I had been at home I would have licked the ice cream bowl clean. But, ahem, I WAS with Mom!

It was a fine evening, and a great way to celebrate Mom’s 88th birthday.

10 Likes

I :heart: EVERYTHING about this!!!

1 Like

I am so glad that you and your Mother enjoyed your dinner at Drew’s! Happy belated 88th Birthday to her! God bless her.

1 Like

Wow! Yum! I’m thrilled you got here and enjoyed. Also, bonus points for using the word unctuous! I am a little embarrassed that I had to google that one.

2 Likes

My birthday weekend dinners continued with a spectacular dinner at Drew’s. That’s 2 down and 1 to go :slightly_smiling_face:
We shared several appetizers including a beautifully charred octopus with muffuletta potato salad and a red pepper aioli. We also shared an excellent pulled BBQ lamb tostada with Kentucky black BBQ sauce, tortilla, red onion, spicy Fresno chili, and cilantro. We also split an appetizer portion of the Pan seared Cajun cornbread dusted soft shell crab. Unfortunately we ate half of the crab before I remembered to take a picture :grin: Drew also generously comped us with a very ripe local strawberry bruschetta with ricotta and a balsamic reduction. For entrees I had the awesome Cajun Andouille sausage and broccoli rabe cavatelli with garlic, Aleppo pepper, parmesan, and EVOO. Mrs. P had the always reliable crispy and spicy Nashville Hot chicken. It all went great with a fabulous 2014 Janasse Chateauneuf Du Pape. For dessert we took home a chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich.

10 Likes

Looking good! That’s quite a birthday extravaganza you’re working on so far!

2 Likes

Thanks Johnny!

We had another awesome dinner at Drew’s. Besides the usually incredible New Orleans Style broiled oysters, octopus, and Nashville hot chicken, we had Drew’s new ‘lighter’ version of hIs escargot. This version had country ham and was in a garlic sherry Demi glacĂ©. Drew left out the heavy butter and cheese. This was delicious. I loved the older version but it was too rich. For entrees I had the fabulous bourbon BBQ braised Berkshire pork osso bucco with cheese grits and braised greens in a Carolina mustard BBQ sauce. We took home a bourbon chocolate bread pudding. It all went great with a 2014 Baer Ursa red blend consisting of merlot, cabernet Franc, cabernet sauvignon, and Malbec.

6 Likes

That looks fabulous

2 Likes