Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

Thank you. I was going to make a comment as well about making assumptions about others “mobility issues” but decided against it. I’m glad you did. I NEVER said nor encouraged anyone from not going, I was simply stating for MYSELF those COULD BE issues. All of which is unknown until we give it a try, if I’m mistaken, I will gladly write about it, not my first time being mistaken, probably not my last.

However, I do find this mentality of disputing people’s PERSONAL preferences vs. projecting their own preferences as the rule. As I previously stated I wish Drew ALL THE BEST (I do hope those wishes are sufficient for everyone) however until I get to experience the new location for myself, I will keep my apprehensions until I hear some feedback or get to experience it for myself, which I will do.

Regards Heidi hope all is well.

7 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s including an excellent crispy duck leg confit with roasted potatoes in duck fat; Dr. Pepper braised short ribs; pork cracklings; sweet potato and Andouille sausage empanada; beet salad; fried catfish, shrimp, and crab cake with a remoulade sauce and fries; It all went great with an excellent Malbec and cabernet.
The new location is scheduled to be opened on February 1st.

12 Likes

For sure his first location on Broad Street had no off-street, and 99.9% sure he didn’t have any on his West Front Street location.

As I said in a post above, neither of those previous locations had off-street parking.

1 Like

I enjoyed an outstanding New Year’s Eve dinner at Drew’s with some friends. Unfortunately Mrs. P was very sick and couldn’t make it but insisted I go. We enjoyed blackened pork chop with jambalaya; butter poached lobster with crab cake; Chilean sea bass with coconut rice; crawfish cheese cake; octopus ceviche; muffuletta salad; chocolate bread pudding; pecan pie; It all went great with an excellent cabernet.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that your wife was sick. Hope she recovers soon!

Thank you! She tried to go to Urgent care today. The web site said they were opened on New Year’s day at 8 AM. Of course the place was padlocked and closed :rage: She will try again tomorrow.

1 Like

As I noted in another thread, our choice of Mexican restaurants (or any restaurants) in Red Bank is constrained by parking issues. Tino’s is pretty good in this regard, IMG may be good but the wait is too long, and everyplace else has parking issues. In Keyport, Los Corrales has stairs (one set without a railing!), as does Antojitos.

I guess i missed what you posted. Sorry.

FYI: Drew’s posted on FB that they will be open this week from tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/3) through Saturday, 1/7. They will then be closing for several weeks and will re-open in early February 2023 in their new Keyport location: 44 East Front St. Their phone number will remain the same.

4 Likes

For those who have not seen it on FB or IG, Drew’s reopens this Tuesday, Feb. 14th, aka Valentine’s Day. Fully booked that evening, but they’re taking regular reservations. As always, only by phone.

4 Likes

I was there on opening night and can happily report that the space is beautiful and definitely the nicest of the 3 prior locations with dark hardwood floors and exposed brick walls throughout. The spaciousness of the room, the large bay windows, the tall ceilings and the open kitchen added to the appeal of the restaurant. As for the food, everything we ate was top notch. While the special Valentine’s Day menu contained a number of Drew’s tried and true dishes, a few new standouts included wonderful crab meat hush puppies and and a spectacular octopus ceviche. For those that might be concerned about parking, I had no trouble finding a spot on Front Street mere feet from the restaurant. Drew and his staff did not miss a beat with the food and service and operated as if they had been opened at this location for months. Kudos to them and best wishes for a successful run at this new space.

8 Likes

Wonderful to hear from you, @bgut! Glad to have you attest to the attractiveness of the new space which looked that way from the photos posted on FB and IG. They’ve done a masterful job. No surprise, of course, that the food they are putting out remains top-notch. Unfortunately, since we are still not doing indoor restaurant dining, we won’t be eating there. I am, however, hoping that Drew will still do take-out. The last time we ordered for pick-up was shortly before the old location closed. I plan to call and ask about it next week after the Mardi Gras dinner.

1 Like

Thanks @RGR . I hope they are able to accommodate you with the take out order. All the best to you and Mr. RGR.

We enjoyed an outstanding dinner at Drew’s beautiful new location. Drew did an excellent job. I love the exposed brick and open kitchen. We enjoyed blackened catfish; the awesome crawfish cheesecake; muffuletta salad with pimento cheese and Andouille spread; crabmeat hushpuppies; panko crusted swordfish stuffed with crab meat; calamari. It all went great with an excellent Shiraz and cabernet.

12 Likes

We started off our anniversary weekend with a bang at Drew’s. We enjoyed the first of the season crispy panko crusted soft shell crabs; blackened shrimp and grits; cheesy garlicky crawfish toast; and crabmeat guacamole. It all went great with some excellent cabernets.

6 Likes

Happy Anniversary, you two!

2 Likes

Thank you!

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s including NY strip steak with wild ramp butter and crispy fries; cornmeal dusted yellowfin tuna with corn, black bean, and bacon succotash; crawfish cheesecake; broiled oysters; BBQ shrimp; It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Syrah.

9 Likes