Drew's Bayshore Bistro..............Keyport, NJ

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. I had an awesome espresso rubbed hog chop. We also had alligator for the first time. It was prepared Nashville hot chicken style (little pieces fried up nice and crispy with some very spicy hot sauce seasoning). Some other appetizers that we enjoyed were fried green tomatoes; delicious spicy honey glazed ham ribs; tomato panzanella salad; and wagyu beef tartare with a muffulletta stuffing. I also ordered eggplant bolognese over cavatelli to go, to have during the week. There were plenty of leftovers to cover dinner for the rest of the week. It all went great with an excellent cabernet.

10 Likes

Another success story !!

Have a healthy and lovely summer.

2 Likes

Thank you @Barca! Same to you!

1 Like

We enjoyed yet another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. We enjoyed an excellent heirloom tomato tart with roast garlic and herb ricotta; chorizo con queso mac n cheese with corn chip crumbs and pickled chilis; spicy Cajun crawfish; Southwestern green chili and garlic meatballs with roasted Jersey corn, and chipotle cheese grits; scallops with sweet corn risotto; pan seared yellowfin tuna with eggplant caponata, and I finally had the chicken fried steak with jalapeño popper gravy on the side. It came with 2 humongous pieces. I took one home for a separate dinner, along with tons of other leftovers, including a whole order of jambalaya to go for during the week. Everything went great with an excellent 2013 Whitehall Lane Napa cabernet.

10 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Drew’s. We enjoyed pork belly, blackened swordfish, Cajun crawfish, fried green tomatoes, crab and crawfish cake, and broiled oysters. I took home an SPCCT for dessert and cavatelli with eggplant bolognese for dinner later in the week. It all went great with an excellent Seghesio Zinfandel.

11 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Drew’s. We enjoyed a sensational mushroom bread pudding; Cajun shrimp; excellent mussels with bacon, shallots, garlic, and dijon cream; broiled oysters, and a Cajun veal chop with chipotle cheese grits.
It all went great with an excellent Spanish Priorat and French blend.
We took home the usually excellent SCCPT for dessert.

9 Likes

Gorgeous Black Slate, Priorat red …

Wow, on menu … Especially the prawns and the mussels.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another sensational dinner at Drew’s. We enjoyed Andouille sausage encrusted mahi mahi with seafood dirty rice; mushroom bread pudding; outstanding scallops; pumpkin BBQ duck wings; Cajun pork rice balls; mussels with bacon, shallots, garlic, beer, and dijon cream; octopus ceviche; cavatelli bolognese. It all went great with an excellent 2014 syrah and a shiraz. There were a ton of leftovers.

10 Likes

Yes. Please!

2 Likes

They were awesome and had a nice little kick to them.

Exceptionally remarkable dishes. And 2 lovely reds.

Have a lovely Sunday.

2 Likes

Thank you! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 Likes

Thank you and same to you.

We have a National Holiday tomorrow, Monday. All Saints Day.

2 Likes

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Drew’s. I enjoyed an awesome melt in your mouth veal chop with an incredible porcini cream sauce. We also enjoyed the mushroom bread pudding, octopus ceviche, broiled oysters, and smoke short ribs mac and cheese among other things. It all went great with an excellent Malbec and red Zinfandel.

9 Likes

Wow!! Looks amazing ! Although the pup pic is my fave :heart::joy::heart:

1 Like

Thanks :blush: Everything was delicious. I had to throw in a gratuitous photo of our Frenchie Bulgari :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just did a blogpost about celebrating Mr. R.'s birthday on January 26th with take-out from Drew’s.

At Home 2022: Celebrating Michael’s Birthday with Take-Out from Drew’s Bayshore Bistro | The Wizard of Roz (wordpress.com)

3 Likes

Great choice @RGR . Looks like you both enjoyed a wonderful meal. Please extend my belated birthday wishes to Mr. R.

1 Like

Hi @bgut1! Yes, Drew’s is the best! I will relay your belated wishes to Mr. R. I hope you and your family are all doing well.

1 Like

We enjoyed another excellent dinner at Drew’s including Drew’s infamous eggplant boat with shrimp and crawfish; octopus ceviche; voodoo shrimp; Cajun mac n cheese with crawfish and Andouille sausage; and broiled oysters. It all went great with an excellent cabernet and Syrah.

4 Likes