Do you still post on Chowhound?

A member of this HO group stated that s/he still posts on CH and suggested that most of us here do. That surprised me. So I thought I’d ask — do you still post on CH as well as here? Do you use the sites differently? TIA

No. I like HO better.

I haven’t even opened Chowhound since I found Hungry Onion.

1 Like

I do a drive by a couple of times a week and nothing has changed. Once or twice I responded to a post, but I stick to HO. I am surprised when I see someone who has come over her still posting over there since the response is so bad.

2 Likes

Really, I couldn’t careless if they still post on that wretched site, and here, or the other site all at once. I do check quickly just to read (mostly) site talk. And for Schadenfreude!

3 Likes

There are 3 long established CH threads I continue to post in because they represent the way I cook, and I’m interested in the content of the threads. Also those threads have become a kind of chummy association of people who are invested in each other, having been “together” for so long and have shared much. The treads are: The Cookbook discussion thread, the Cookbook of the Month, and the new-ish Menu Plans. Menu Plans holds many of the COTM and CB thread posters so it’s a good fit and fills the void of CH WFD.

Since I am now using Chrome as my browser I find opening those threads is easier. I open at my Profile page and just read & post at the 3 I mentioned. This takes nothing away from my visits to HO, I simply haven’t found my niche here yet. I will eventually.

2 Likes

re: CH – only if someone responds to a thread I posted in long ago . . . then I’ll look, perhaps respond/perhaps not.

1 Like

If there is something to post or respond to I will.

2 Likes

I’m not allowed to .

LOL. Me neither. But I got the heave-ho over the PREVIOUS ‘new and improved’ rollout.

I pop over from time to time to read, but the only post I’ve made since I found HO was to alert the hounds to this site.

2 Likes

No, I don’t. Ever since I was suspended in mid-September 2015 for calling them out on the incredibly bad redesign, I haven’t posted. I did get reinstated, but have only liked a few posts here and there.

And I still despise that fucking blue beating heart that takes forever to “take” before you can move on to something else.

4 Likes

I still post on both sites -usually an identical post. Mainly to compare response speed, quality, and volume. I like HO a lot but as with CH, the volume isn’t like “the old days”, so I’m always curious how they compare.

That’s exactly me.

I still reply to some threads, but I’m done posting any new ones there.

If a few others would go Cold Turkey, so would I…

1 Like

Too bad you’re suspension was a BFLd (banned for life). Made it a lot easier for me. lol.

I still post to CH. It’s perfectly serviceable, if not a little annoying technically. There are still many regulars sharing their food knowledge on the boards. I can’t let a tech revamp by a corporate giant keep me away from my CH mate’s wisdom.

That said, I’ve cheated on the Hound over the years, with reddit, seriouseats, etc., and the HO is my latest secret lover. I read here regularly and it’s so nice to ‘hear’ the familiar voices that I miss so much from CH.

My hope for HO is that it doesn’t go the way of mouthfuls, with years of bitter snarking about CH posts and posters. Save that shit for fb.

6 Likes

I totally agree about the snarking aka dwelling. Get over it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I look at recent activity on threads I have participated in. Unfortunately there is a little more traffic on Ch for my local area. I lurk on some of the monthly cooking threads. About the only threads I have started have been related to COTM since I’ve been helping with that this past year. I no longer want to create content for the site after the way they treated people during the debacle.

I like it here more.

1 Like

I haven’t posted on Chowhound in probably 13 years.

1 Like