Do you care what others at your table are having?

I don’t care what else anyone orders – they are eating it, not me. OTOH, I do want to know what everyone is ordering, as – usually – I’m the one with the wine list, and I want to choose a wine that will compliment the meal . . .

1 Like

Ah, I knew there was someone else who felt the same. Andouillete de Cambrai - vile beyond belief.

I could not care less, as long as everyone is enjoying themselves.

I believe Harters has expressed a similar enthusiasm for the sausage in question.

Naw…that’s why menus exist (in many restaurants).

However, if someone wants to share something, he/she should run it by me first.

I kind of do the same thing - I definitely try to influence others to order things I want to try. I only want a bite, though!

I would find that incredibly annoying – I want to order what I want to order, and I really don’t care if you want to try it or not.

I’m not anti-sharing - -but it needs to be discussed before we order – and it’s best at a tapas place or similar.

2 Likes

I tend to do that with my husband’s french fries! I can’t control myself around them though. That’s why I don’t order my own - i might not eat as many! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I don’t care what others are eating, but I do mind the ‘Vegetarian’ that makes a big thing of announcing what they do and don’t eat, orders a boring plate of steamed veggies, complains about the lack of taste, then asks to try your chicken or fish dish, someone else’s lasagne, a slice of pepperoni pizza on another plate, all the while telling you that they are ‘mostly vegetarian’.

1 Like

Gratefully I’ve never had that experience when dining with a vegetarian.

My father (& his father) used to eat some kinda weird stuff. Like tripe, brains & etc. My father always said “If I can stand to eat it, you can stand to watch it.” I really don’t care what other people eat.