Discussion: Mitsuwa Marketplace, Edgewater, NJ (Share your experience)

True DAT, Chef! Then again, you also risk losing a lot more of your knuckles/fingertips… :grin:

It does come with a slicing guard LOL… cut myself many a time on those but will always go back. In fact, I’m in need of a new one as I donated my last one to my last project/kitchen…

LOVE Mitsuwa btw, only one on the east coast I believe. I miss my days in San Diego where within a 20 minute ride from each other were: MItsuwa, Zion(like H-Mart), Ranch 99(thought I read one opening in NNJ?), A Thai Market and a Vietnamese Market all worthy of visits!

1 Like

MIKE! Sooo good to hear from you. Missed your voice and your cooking.

As for the papaya shredder - already ordered one from amazon, should be here in about 30 minutes.

Their fresh fish suitable for sashimi or sushi is first rate–the bluefin, the various grades of toro (farm raised in Spain), the yellowfin (wild) are all marvelous and yes, expensive. The scallops intended to be sushimi (from Japan) are great and the ebi, raw small shrimp are as good as in any restaurant.

The wasabi is priced much better than in NYC Sunrise and considerably fresher.

1 Like

Good to be heard LOL… Enjoy your papaya shredder, guess you could use for “squash noodles” too! :wink:

1 Like

I’m going to Mitsuwa in about a week and doing a little sushi party with a couple peeps. There are a few things that Mitsuwa has that nobody else does. Stuff like blue fin toro, and wagyu that looks like this, among other things.

I’m personally a little meh on their food court. The people and long lines annoy the crap out of me. There are many other fantastic dining options in the area so I rarely eat at Mitsuwa any more. The novelty factor is great, but I haven’t really had anything there that blew me away.

1 Like

Not many long lines except for the ramen place. Some people (I mean customers not workers) can be inconsiderate. I just try to not have them get to me.