Delivery/takeout during corona

Can’t see anything about praying. Is this a Bible Belt thing?

Can you point me toward the section of the CDC website that “insists” this? Because it would be weird for them to claim that and also advise people to:

“Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. To disinfect, most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. See CDC’s recommendations for household cleaning and disinfection.”

1 Like

Yes. Here’s a screenshot of the website.

Yeah, read that, still completely unconvinced by your statement that

because what the CDC website actually says (and you can read it in your own post!) is that “It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it…but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.” Which is the scientific consensus, thus far.

I can try to type louder, but I’m not sure it will help.

3 Likes

Frankly I don’t care what you think. End of discussion. Good night!!

We lived through the CH apocalypse. We can make it through this. From talking with my dr/ epidemiologist friends the risk is lower, but non zero. So I’m still wiping down things, but still got delivery two days ago in a hot spot. It can still spread on certain surfaces after a while but at the same time likelihood of infectivity drops significantly over time. It’s honestly a mix of your statements - the virus can survive but infectivity is dramatically reduced over the timeframe people are citing. Still possible, which is why I’m not taking chances, but much less likely the longer it’s on the surface.

The Chowhound apocalypse???

1 Like

Haha yes, not sure HO would exist if not for CH getting bought out (or selling out depending on how salty you feel about it. I still am - the community was great)

We had delivery last night (it wasn’t at all good - but the number of restaurants still offering delivery has halved in the past week). Guy left it at the front door, rang the bell and went. We followed the current informal advice - took it out of the plastic containers into our own crockery and washed hands thoroughly.

2 Likes