Day trip from Florence with Great Food

(Queens is also on an island. The one with the airports.)

I wouldn’t skip Manhattan if I was visiting NYC,. Well, I actually did skip it during my last trip. And as most are aware, Queens shares its island with Brooklyn and Long Island.

1 Like

Some of us have extremely low tolerances for both the Catholic Church and boats and went to the art museums instead. :wave:t3:

2 Likes

Standing at Castle Clinton and staring at the Statue of Liberty from there is also a fine way to see it.

4 Likes

I probably did that :slight_smile:

Well, the Vatican is sort of an art museum.

I lay down on the floor to look at the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, despite the very clear signs (multiple languages, plus pictures) telling you not to lie down on the floor. I got yelled at. I did not care.

It’s pretty awesome. To see and to think about. Hoping that’s the word I want.

adjective
extremely impressive or daunting; inspiring great admiration, apprehension, or fear.

1 Like

Neither did I.

I took pictures even though the very nice Italian guards repeatedly yelled “No photos, No videos”

Oooooooo! I’m telling.

I spent a year taking a graduate art course in Manhattan, and spent a lot of time at art museums and galleries over that year. One friend visited, and when we went to the Met, she told me she only wanted to see the Impressionists because that was the only kind of art she liked.

All sorts of ways to travel, I guess.

I am a lapsed Catholic, but an art history major.

Visiting the Vatican is more about the Art and Architecture than the Church for me. I can see how someone who is bothered by the Catholic Church or Christianity or Organized Religion might choose to avoid the Vatican and Vatican City. Vatican City is an experience in itself, for me. What a posh McDonald’s. :ring:

I ignore other stuff other people seek out. I have never stopped by the WTC Memorial or site because it bothers me too much.

I also hate spooky ghost tours that seem to be very popular on the East Coast, especially in Boston, Salem, St John’s Nfld and Halifax for whatever reason.

I haven’t been on the London Eye Ferris Wheel or to Euro Disney, either.

2 Likes