Commercial ready to eat items in your freezer

Puff pastry- how do you use it? For some reason I always think of little cups with chicken salad. Molly Pitcher uses it to top their Pot Pie IIRC.
Potato Knishes would be good and HN dogs are in my rotation.
Roti sounds like a good add. I love it fresh at Pandan Room in Hackettstown.
I have some catfish pieces that could probably double as bait.

Right as this all started I made my first visit to HMart. Wow! Place was overwhelming.

1 Like

I used to stock delicious breakfast burritos from Little Anitaā€™s when I lived in CO. I do miss those and they have ruined all others for me.
Bell and Evans chicken tenders? I would like try those as good ones are hard to find. I usually buy the ones at the deli and freeze those.

Sounds like I need to make a road trip.

1 Like

@NotJrvedivici I will add Super Fresh to my list of things to as soon as I can do some recreational food shopping.

@shrinkrap I have a friend who makes her own puff pastry and I believe @gcaggiano (or maybe Justin) makes his own empanada doughs. Compared to them both are pretty ready to eat. I had to look up bammy. It sounds like something I would like. Where do you get it?

@fershore Sure bait is ready to eat for some though maybe not for me.

@KAOSKitchen I use the puff pastry for all kinds of tarts both savory and sweet. Itā€™s great to have on hand for a quick appetizer. You can throw just about anything on it, especially with lots of cheese. One of the Patel Brothers stores on Oak Tree Road in Edison has freshly made roti for sale. All sort of flavors. I always buy several packages. I have to stop myself from finishing a pack before I get out of the parking lot. The bait is primarily giant squid (so cheap at the Asian market), salt clams and whole smelt. I LOVE H Mart but spend way too much money there. My daughter used to eat Amyā€™s Burritos for breakfast all the time. I finally had to teach her how to make her own.

3 Likes

Usually sent by, or when visiting MIL. She knows where to find it in ATL, and I found it in the East Bay, N Call at a place in Suisun, too. Usually served with salt fish.

I vote you throw it out!

lol Donā€™t we all have that one thing buried in our freezers that we know is back there but will probably NEVER use. I think mine is a ham bone from 2007 I keep planning on making pea soup with.

5 Likes

I just bought a box because Mark decided he wanted to try them. For us, any amount of Hot Pockets is more than weā€™ve had in our entire lifetime.

3 Likes

May I ask which kind you decided to try? They are tasty but Iā€™m sure they are about as healthy as crack.

Me too. I have only one can of Maesri curry sauce left, no oyster mushrooms, and am running low on dried black mushrooms. The problem is that itā€™s not enough to warrant a trip to a separate store. Still, maybe next time Iā€™m picking up at Sichuan Cottage, Iā€™ll hit AFM.

1 Like

Five Cheese PIzza, regular crust. We sort of gave up on keeping kosher for the duration (so that we could get take-out), but Iā€™m still trying to avoid buying trefe products if I can avoid them.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh thatā€™s the good stuff you got there!! Enjoy! I know a Rabbi that will give you dispensation.

2 Likes

The B&E chicken tenders are very good, even the gluten-free ones!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good idea. I may have to plan an outing for next week. Iā€™m going to need produce soon and should be able to get most of what I need/want there. Then I get the added bonus of refilling some Asian items Iā€™m running low on. Iā€™m down to my last Maeseri curry paste now that you mention it.

1 Like

Since Old Glory is selling 3 wings or 3 pizzas with a 6 pack for $39., Iā€™ll have leftovers in the freezer for sure.

1 Like

Dead wrong. Costco is not waiving the membership thing. :mask:

Where did you find the Portuguese muffins? I tried to bake some, recreating a college indulgence, and they didnā€™t really match my memoryā€¦

I bought them at Seabraā€™s Market on Lafayette Street in Newark but they are actually from Acores Bakery in Fall River MA. There may have been other brands but I donā€™t recall. Seabraā€™s has all kinds of interesting Portuguese products.

Fall River - large Portuguese population there. I remember Emeril talking about his momā€¦ Bet the shipping to the west coast would be somethingā€¦

1 Like