Clueless vegetarian staying in south philly

Are you traveling in a manner where you could bring along some food? Or maybe have a grocery order delivered? Then at least you have a health/satisfying backup plan to cover you if it stays crazy busy.

Even something like Blue Apron or Hello fresh might work.

(Hoping you can explore but wanting you to be well fed regardless!)

1 Like

I’m thinking to try ordering an instacart delivery for a few groceries mon pm, assuming i finish work before 9pm… something like hello fresh it would have to ship to my work address which is physically about a half mile from where I’m staying and then i would have to keep in the work fridge and schlep it so the logisitics get complicated!
I go by train/cab to get there with a little suitcase so I’m going to overpack snacks to bring for next week but also bringing just a bag if groceries would be difficult unfortunately. Thankfully there is a good stash of yogurt, fruit, and granola kept available in the kitchen so worst case scenario i can breakfast for dinner!

1 Like

Can you stay in the city for a weekend? You’re very close to the Italian Market and some great veggies. And not too far is the Reading Terminal Market, also with great veggies. I’m a carnivore who usually suggests pork sandwiches, but our markets offer some great veggie dishes.

Vedge, Dizengoff, Zahav all offer great vegetarian dishes.

I may stay in philly an extra night after thanksgiving, during the week work pays for my lodging but I’m hoping to find a cheap hotel room for the sunday night after turkey day and i’ll go to philly sun am to spend the day exploring a bit.
The one semi recent time i did visit philly i went to reading terminal and I remember buying some great Amish noodles and a great big fresh soft pretzel…

Let me know if there’s anything worthy in the food options at the 30th st train station, i was running late last week but with better timing would love to pick up something when i am heading back to nyc thurs nights

I’m sorry, but I’m not very familiar with 30th Street Station. I will say, though, RTM is open Sunday and has plenty of choices, but the Amish vendors will not be open.

I’ve always heard that Bridgewater’s Pub is good option (basically the only one) at 30th St Station but have never eaten there.

The food at the station was awful - don’t know if it’s changed recently. I would rather eat the Amtrak vegan burger.

Good to know so if i miss my train i can get a drink! It was a close call last week…

I grabbed a sandwich at the Pret directly across from my train last week, might be my best bet…

For sure! They do start running out depending on what time your train is…