Chef Michael D'ennery RIP

Who? Chef Mike and MGZ?

Great minds. It looks like we were typing at the same time, though I may have started before you as I am a terrible typist. I have every so often tried to track down MGZ but could never figure out who he was. I wish you were able to come up with something for that location. What is there now sucks.

2 Likes

Man I would have liked that spot. Plus your spot at the marina in SB that never came to pass pre Sandy.

Yeah some of my best ventures never became realities!! lol

2 Likes

Mike I def met at Trinity. MGZ I believe I met in a forum at APP. Chowhound I never joined; learned about it a bit from HO’s discussions.

1 Like

I miss MG/MGZ’s snark. He knew who I was but I was never sure who he was.

1 Like

He sure could handle an argument like a pro!

1 Like

Especially the ones he started

3 Likes

He loved a good debate and he would frequently argue both sides of a discussion. lol

apparently on any topic, because we didn’t talk food, ever.

1 Like

I’m gonna go out on a limb and guess that he was an attorney. (CURLZ DUCKS)

1 Like

He could probably have a debate with himself

1 Like

well, maybe one day I’ll get to visit a JR spot…I’ll make sure to wear a name tag. It will read “greg”

5 Likes
3 Likes

You NJ folks are crazy. And I think that’s why I love y’all.

(Stated with the utmost respect. I’m from RI, which is kinda Jersey-ish.)

3 Likes

You should see us in real life. Unrestrained by the modicum of decorum enforced upon us by the two strict, arbitrary and capricious moderators of the NJ board.

3 Likes

:rofl::joy:

I understood those words

2 Likes

From Chef MD’s IG account:

mdthemaverickchef I have been putting off this simple act, posting on my husband Michael’s social media from his account. Perhaps in my mind it was holding some darkness at bay. I just know that it is very hard to write these words.

For those that have not heard the news, and for those that have and still cannot believe it all… On March 15, 2020, Michael’s strong, courageous heart stopped beating at 1:38pm EST. He felt sunshine and a gentle breeze on his face, and was meeting with a dear friend to have a bike ride. He was standing there talking, with a smile on his face, and simply collapsed. Doctors said he might have felt dizzy for a nanosecond, but was likely gone before he hit the ground. Every lifesaving measure was taken but nothing would have brought him back to us.

And now, we weep, we smile, and we remember. This kind and beautiful man who could lull me to sleep with the sound of his voice, has departed this mortal coil. He was the kind of human being who would give gifts to others even when he was down to his last dime. Generous to a fault. Wonderful sense of humor, and brilliant like nobody’s business. Never shall we see his like again. Those of you that knew him that way, you know I speak the truth. Michael was brave, he didn’t surrender to anything in our 24 years together. He truly had the heart of a warrior and the soul of a mystic.
I have offered up his body to the heavens, on a thousand burning winds. My last touch to him was gentle, like moonbeans in the night. When it rains, and the winds blow, and the smell of wet leaves fills the air… when the birds sing, and flowers bloom, and snow falls, I will know he is there.

There will be many tears in the days to come, and the sorrows I will walk amongst will be a quiet benediction, a ceremony of blessings, to the treasured memories I will forever hold in my heart.
-Kitty

“When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.” ― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

7 Likes