Cheeseburgers how do you prefer yours?

You’re an exception to the rule I’ve seen among friends who worked fast food as teenagers. Most of them can eat other brands of fast food, but not the one they worked for, or at least not for a long time.

For me, cheeseburger choice is either a no-patty Whopper, or a fairly well-done Impossible Burger with either real cheddar or else swiss on it, usually grilled onions or else raw onion and in-season tomato, but both now and back when I ate meat, having a decent bun is more important; something with character like a kaiser roll, not some mushy Wonder-bread-like stuff, and generally toasted.

Back when I did eat meat, my favorite burger was from Ralph’s Exxon (later Ralph’s Tavern) in Holmdel NJ, about a 10-oz burger on a big Kaiser roll, optionally with cheddar, always with fries and beer. And White Castle? Yuk, never, not even if I was as high as Harold and Kumar. Even the bus station food counter burgers were better than that.

(My comparison of Impossible Burger vs Beyond Burger is that Impossible is a great imitation of cheap meat, while Beyond is a not as good imitation of better meat, and I prefer Impossible.)

3 Likes

I take your perception at face value. As an omnivore both are simply too salty for me to eat at all.

1 Like

While I don’t recommend driving hours out of your way to try DQ, if you happen to have one close by give it a shot. Or not since you like medium rare or less. When it comes to hamburger meat I don’t even trust pink.:slightly_smiling_face: In addition to the onion rings their tacos are pretty good too.

1 Like

Sacrilege! :neutral_face:

Turns out there is one very near. It is by the freeway, and it gets great reviews… They don’t have tacos on the menu here. Whew!

3 Likes