Cat with stomatitis - advice?

Ooommmggg we both have lots of furry feline loved ones :smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::heart_eyes_cat::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::+1:t3::+1:t3:!!! :smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints: this makes me happy.

Felix is doing much better or continually eating little by little so that’s good :smiling_face:. Thank you for asking. At the risk of making an odd analogy - I think of this as he’s coming from an eating disorder and it’s not overnight to go back to eating normally. This is in no way minimizing eating disorders, in high school someone close to me had one and it’s very layered and tragic and painful, but reassuring and blessed when one emerges from that.

I am feeling much better (my happiness is directly tied to the gang), and amidst severe migraine and potential side effects from a new medical treatment (for me, not the gang), I am beyond happy Felix is getting better. :face_holding_back_tears::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face: I work through pain, and a lot can be said that the gang helps me more than I do for them - keeps me healthy-ish. My pharmacist friend commented recently that I look really good and healthy for someone with a stage 4 liver illness from birth. :sweat_smile:. :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints: onward we go :heart_eyes_cat::paw_prints::paw_prints::sunflower:

Below is my newest rescue - Cobalt. I think he’s an older kitten. Male, I think, and abandoned. I’m building trust with him and my goal is intake my end of August. :black_cat::paw_prints::paw_prints::heart:

4 Likes

I just wanted to say, I very much enjoy the stories and pictures of your cats.
In my youth, I had a cat (rescue) that kept me company during lonely times. Violet (name given to her by the rescue people) lived a long and happy life with me.
Thank you… your stories have re-kindled some fond memories.

4 Likes

I am so happy to hear that, all of it, past (Violet) and present. :smiling_face::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints: and thank you for the kind words. :smiling_face:

I love the gang, as widely known to my close friends, neighbors and colleagues. :paw_prints::paw_prints::grin: In my first corporate job many years back, a colleague once told me that when he goes home, his job stays here and his focus then becomes his wife, kids, family and home life. That keeps his job in perspective for him, and is what keeps him going most of the time. Like compartmentalization I suppose. At the time I mostly just had my job and hobbies, but I kept that in mind years later. Today, once could easily say that my compartmentalization includes the gang and my career, with a lot of space btw the two. :thinking::scream_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

My first year an an attorney was when I met my first cat, :black_cat:, and the rest is history. I learned all about cats and animal rescue as the days and months went on, and slowly but surely in the Venn diagram that is my life, the gang soon occupied the largest (or one of) piece(-s). :smiling_face::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

Got around to a collage of Felix (below). He’s a funny one / I have to carry him regularly around the house but hold him so that he can stand up at the same time. :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: Surveying his kingdom, perhaps, though a kingdom shared with the other gang members and me, the humble servant. :smiling_face::roll_eyes::paw_prints::paw_prints:

His health rebound continues to make me happy and relieved, but continued vigilance and monitoring. His follow-up is next week. :paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints::paw_prints:

5 Likes

Keep up the good work, kitty human!:heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy::joy::joy::heart_eyes_cat::paw_prints::paw_prints: Hee Hee… thank you sincerely :smiling_face::smiling_face:

Abby says thanks - she’s all dressed for the Sunday warm weather to supervise while her mom does landscaping (maybe) (it’s like 99F outside now so if I do go out it will be evening hours) (I go through phases where I have fun with gang photos… someday I’ll grow up) :roll_eyes::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: :paw_prints::paw_prints:.

5 Likes

:heart:!!

1 Like

These pictures are clearly doctored and aggressively photoshopped. And there is no proof it’s even me!! All tabbies look the same! :scream_cat: …no one was going to eat the rest of the chicken anyway! … wait, am I being charged with something?

I want a lawyer. :paw_prints::paw_prints:

• Pandaberry
5 Likes