CANCELLED - January/February HOdown ideas! (Westchester NY)

Happy new year fellow hungry onions! I hope everyone is staying warm in the frigid cold we are having. I’m newly back from Bermuda and frankly in shock at how icy cold it is here!

Glad to see there is still interest in a meetup. I am going to have to take January 20 out of the running for myself due to some personal obligations that have been piling up. January 27 still works for me but if the 20th works better for anyone else who is interested then that is completely fine.

I also wanted to throw the Cookery into the mix since on that thread some people expressed interest in it. I really have no preference but let’s get the conversation going again to see if we can get a consensus.

Edited to add-

Summary of ideas so far…

1. Peruvian
  2. Korean
  3. O Mandarin
  4. Vietnamese
  5. Hot Pot (if there is a place nearby)
  6. Thai
  7. The Cookery

The Cookery would be nice but the problem is the noise level. I’m not sure if it’s as bad at brunch as at dinner but if it is, it would be a bad choice if we want to have a conversation. Maybe The Parlor would be a better choice? Parking isn’t great, however.

Sadly, I’ll be away on the 27th. Maybe next time. FYI, HVRW is March 12-25 if you want to arrange to have it one of those Saturday at a place that participates Saturday lunch. The Cookery has Saturday brunch, although the last HVRW I did not like their choices for brunch (no fried chicken like on the normal brunch menu).

I’d add Iron Vine in Peekskill to the list, although it might be a bit far north for many. They have a very reasonably priced brunch menu that’s really good. Unlimited mimosas are $24 (it had been $20) for 2 hours of drinking.

O Mandarin could be interesting if someone can confirm that their normal chef is there for lunch. I read too many bad reviews on Yelp saying that the food wasn’t as good then.

1 Like

I’d love to go to the Cookery or the Parlor but I am not free the 27th either. HVRW sounds like a good idea though!

@MisterBill @winecountrygirl - Feel free to throw other date ideas out. We can go into February if more people are free then.

So far Feb is good for me.

I’m away thru 2/3 so anything after that is good.

Hi everyone,
I’d like to survey those who showed interest to see if you are still interested… I’ve been a bit busy lately so I dropped the ball on this a bit but if people are still up for a meetup, let’s go for it. So I’m pinning this and asking for you to express an opinion on cuisine type and date. If you don’t have a preference for a type of food, please reply saying so.

Peruvian
Korean
O Mandarin
Vietnamese
Hot Pot (if there is a place nearby)
Thai
The Cookery

At this point I can do February 3 or 10. January got away from me. But if people want to go ahead with next Saturday (the 27th) let that be known too and I will bestow planning privileges upon a lucky volunteer. :slight_smile:

So far either date is ok for me. I vote for the Cookery.

1 Like

The 10th works for me. No preference - I’d be happy with all of the above. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, so @winecountrygirl and @Sra.Swanky let’s say Feb 10 then. I’m open to anyplace mentioned.

1 Like

Any chance of D Thai? They’d be thrilled to have us and parking is super convenient.

My first choice is The Cookery. But I am open to all the other places mentioned except Vietnamese. I have been to both places (Saigonese and Vietnam Central) a few times each and have decided not to go back because I was disappointed with the food.

1 Like

This HOdown has been cancelled because of scheduling conflicts (mine). If anyone is interested in future HOdowns please PM me. We will not be planning them publicly anymore due to the amount of planning necessary to pull them off.