California Covid-19 dine-in guidance released

I love the hilariously stupid photo they use at the top of this article.

2 Likes

I have been a little confused about the dine-in rules, and have been in situations I wasn’t super happy with. A particular evening, I got Aachi Aapakadi (sunnyvale) for takeout (recommended generally!). They have a little set of tables at the curb, but it’s a strip mall parking lot of unpleasantness with no cleaning of surfaces between people, but the area picking up takeout was very cramped with people waiting and you couldn’t wait outdoors because the fellow calling names had a weak voice. I was stuck 2 to 3 feet apart from multiple people for a lot of minutes. All mask wearing, but worrying. On the way home, eyeballing different restaurants as I’m sure we all do, I saw that Super Taqueria (same “block”) had not only quite a few people out on its patio, but also a lot of people inside, and it seemed that they were eating, this before I thought Santa Clara had opened for indoor dining. Or maybe I mis-saw.

But I didn’t go look everything up, try to figure out the current state of the law in santa clara —

My current theory is yall do what you want but I’m not eating indoors anytime soon — I’ll wait till we have less than a new case a week reported in the entire bay area (as happens in china right now). I’m not crazy about eating in a street where people without masks are walking past me by only a few feet or outside in areas with no air flow because of sun shades, but it’s very case-by-case. I’ve spent a few weekend cleaning our yard and putting in string lights so I prefer hit-and-run-take-out and sitting outside in my nice yard (now that we have clear air :-/ ) and I have to spend some time fixing the propane heater that only worked once because the evenings are cool and only getting colder, grrrrr.

3 Likes

Compliance in Santa Clara County:

http://www.straitsrestaurants.com/menu

Here’s the actual santa clara county page:
https://www.sccgov.org/sites/covid19/Pages/mandatory-directives-outdoor-dining.aspx

Notice these are slight more detailed (and stricter) than what Straits said (all persons at a table in the same family / dwelling unit is a difference I see, most of it is the same)

San Mateo’s website is confusing. The latest press release is from when SMC was purple. The main website says a restaurant has to check with local authorities and otherwise points people at state requirements. CA state website says SMC is in Red thus allows “indoor with restrictions” and then you have to go read the restrictions, which is “25% to 100%”… eh too confusing for me.

I’m guessing we all know every county might be different, depending on it’s “color”, which is determined every two weeks. Or at least that’s the way I understand it. Solano county made orange a week or so ago, but its not where I usually “eat in”.

An interesting (to me) Bay Area article.

Maybe the article but especially the “conversation”.

Wow, yellow tier

1 Like

I’m jumping on that. I hope to make a reservation before they shut down, or burn down. Not funny.

Just a heads up, and stay safe everyone. I personally don’t recommend dining in still.

2 Likes

:sleepy:.