Boston, MA et al: August 2018 Openings and closings!

Home Taste is now open in Arlington Heights, with a smaller menu than at the mothership. Closed Tuesdays.

2 Likes

More interesting they have some dishes in Arlington not available in Watertown

2 Likes

Went there today just before noon (they open at 11:30). Sorry kitchen not ready it will be twenty mins. I’ll give them some time to get up to speed before my next visit.

since it’s all over the Boston food media, everyone should know that Whaling in Oklahoma is open today. But I gotta say, an izakaya from Tim Maslow sure sounds like a place I’d really like to go…

I probably won’t get there for awhile. If anyone checks it out please let us know how it is!

4 Likes

Shangri-La is still closed since their fire. Handwritten note says closed for renovations, will open as soon as possible.

Seta’s Cafe is closed for the weekend “for repairs”, supposed to be opening again Monday.

Luckily, my planned destinations were next door in each case: Eastern Lamejun and Sophia’s, so my deliciousness mission was fulfilled.

5 Likes

The name is so ridiculously precious it puts me off wanting to try this place.

Reminds me of Prairie Whale out in Great Barrington.

1 Like

Cafe Anthony in Cambridge (983 Massachusetts Avenue outside of Harvard Square) has been closed since earlier this summer. The business was seized by the Middlesex Sheriff’s Department.

There is now a building permit up for what looks to be a new sushi place potentially named Sakana, with the permit reflecting interior renovations including a new sushi bar.

2 Likes

Blackbird Doughnuts is planning a new location in Harvard’s Smith Campus Center when it reopens.

2 Likes

mala kung fu has opened in the old refuge cafe location on brighton ave in allston

2 Likes

Eater reports that Oishii Chestnut Hill will close next month. For me this is tragic news. Oishii was one of my favorite sushi spots in the area and definitely a lunch go to if in Chestnut Hill.

The South End location is good but Oishii in name only.

1 Like

that is tragic

11 posts were split to a new topic: Whaling in Oklahoma [Boston, MA]