Birthday weekend in Providence [Providence, RI]

Meanwhile, here’s my Spring Onion’s dinner tonight (he loved it last week made with plant-based ground beef so it’s on repeat…I never had it when I was a kid but I bought it on a whim/out of desperation).

I clearly need help. :rofl:

IMG_5619

4 Likes

Thanks! We go to Pemberton often because we are impressed with the cheese, bakery, condiment, wine, etc. products…kind of a good one-stop shopping place for various items that exceeds Whole Foods especially for local, quality products.

Also they are very close to Curio Spice, our favorite for spices.

And Formaggio Kitchen is close by as well.

2 Likes

Forgot to give a shout out for our local theater, Trinity Rep. I used to go as a spring onion, and we finally took our spring onion to see a Christmas Carol this past December and it was a revelation. A modern adaptation (Ghost of Christmas Past was a disco ball, Ghost of Christmas Present was a beautiful statuesque Black drag queen) that was positively stunning. Tiny theater in the round is immersive. I’m going to try to get tickets for the current production, “Broad Street,” which tells the tale of Latino life in PVD. Pairing a visit to Trinity Rep with a delicious meal sounds like an awesome road trip, n’est-ce pas?

4 Likes

The Feb 2024 issue of Rhode Island Monthly mag has a Michael Ruhlman-penned story on New Rivers and their ‘remarkable’ dinner rolls, something I now have to try when I finally make it there for dinner. The article also includes the exact (their word, not mine) recipe for said rolls so you can make them at home.

6 Likes