Biggest rip-off dishes in restaurants

People would be very surprised at what menu items subsidise other menu items. Food spoilage is another problem that has been magnified in recent years with inconsistent dining crowds.

Supermarkets? How do they charge for something you didn’t buy with optical scanners?

1 Like

Fountain drinks and coffee/tea for sure have huge markups: good point.

With supermarkets it’s obviously just items ringing in for higher than the market price.

i worked in a place that pushed soufflés for dessert. food cost was 11 cents and we charged $16.

1 Like

I can make pretty much anything at home for less money than what I’m charged at a restaurant. Therefore everything at restaurants is a rip-off.

Almost every fast food place and most other restaurants offer free refills for fountain drinks while dining in, so even though diners could get free water with their meal and a 2 liter of soda on the drive home for the same price as a single fountain soda, it seems like a deal.

You are getting ripped off at those prices, but I offer you Boudro’s on the San Antonio Riverwalk, not exactly thought of as a low price destination. Their price is nine bucks lunch and dinner and is enough for two.

http://boudros.com/#guacamole