beyond meat burgers

Yes, unless the reports are from CBS, CNN, etc. they are untrue. Free will eat what you like. Take care.

But you trust some random blogger who made a Youtube video? What are their credentials, besides being “Taylor?” Surely, they’ve published peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals substantiating their claims, right?

Yeah, no.

7 Likes

Who needs

when you’ve got pretty good production values and confirmation bias?

6 Likes

Let me guess … big corp.? Or maybe Taco Hell?

2 Likes

Much better to do your own research, especially if that research consists of trying to find people who agree with you on the interwebs.

2 Likes

Not me. I always trust sources that speak to my emotional needs (e.g., "something is EVIL, blessed by god, etc.). We all know hyperbole was just a word coined by the big corporate media.

3 Likes

Amazing to me how so many people fall for that “sustainability” and any other propaganda spewed by the elites. Last time I checked nature made cows, chickens, pigs, and all the animals. It never made fake meat for us to consume. I think lots of people think mankind is superior to nature. They think wrong. But that is what the public arena of “education” teaches. I’ll say it again, garbage IN = garbage OUT. That includes “peer reviews”. Without real meat, humans get diseases and do not develop or heal properly. Especially males. Read history where regions deprived of animal protein lost wars because they could not defend themselves from attack. The push for eliminating meat is by design to weaken and reduce populations. It’s not in the best interest of humanity. But deniers will still refuse to learn.

You should check again. Cows would not exist without humans breeding them.

I’ve had the Impossible Whoppers, which actually taste better to me than the original since I hate fast food “meat pucks” and I had Impossible stuff at Epcot for the Food and Wine festival, where they made a shepherd’s pie and a lasagna with it, and it was great. I’m super picky about standard burgers though (which is why I don’t get fast food burgers for the most part) so I’m leery about how it would hold up to the mouthfeel of rare-medium rare which is how I like and make burgers.

I REALLY like Morningstar spicy black bean burger and will snack on them with some onion jack and a fried egg on them, but they taste nothing like meat and don’t attempt to.

But if a company, through chemistry or culture voodoo can replicate beef so that it has the same mouthfeel and iron tang of rare cuts, I’d be happy to let Bessie live.

2 Likes

Might explain why I’m fine with the Impossible Whopper (though I don’t like Whoppers nor any other fast food burger other than maybe In N Out), but that also seems pretty dirty to vegetarians if they do that.

I love youtube for cooking videos and cookbook reviews, and other time wasting activities, but can we PLEASE stop using it as a source?

Does Impossible Meat contain calories, nutrients, and other things that will keep you alive in conjunction with other elements of your diet? Then it’s food. Giving a doctor who looks like me except with a stethoscope red demon eyes does not make for an engaging reference. Link a pubmed article and I’ll read it.

5 Likes

Good luck with that plea
:cowboy_hat_face:
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

that and $20.00 will get you on the subway

Dude. Seriously. Find me some proof that cows evolved without human intervention.

(Sits quietly expecting a link to a YouTube video about how cows were on Noah’s ark, and what else do you need to know? Just that.)

4 Likes

Yeah, the majority of Americans eating beef are not eating grass fed beef. Nice try.

impossible meat is just that. they tell people to their face. read between the lines. that fake meat is not nutritious. it lacks enzymes, coenzymes, amino acids, vitamins, DHA, and necessary animal fats required for nutrient absorption, including cholesterol that builds cell membranes and creates hormones needed. Many do not know that humans brains are primarily fat IE animal fat.
maybe there is a connection with those who eat and push fake meat on others? Seems intelligence is lacking and mood problems are prevalent in them.

" There is no plant source of DHA, a fatty acid “necessary for higher intelligence, sustained attention, decision-making, and complex problem-solving,” says a Harvard-trained psychiatrist and several studies."
" “Perhaps most importantly, DHA is critical to the development of the human cortex—the part of the brain responsible for higher-order thinking,” writes Harvard-trained psychiatrist Georgia Ede "
" DHA plays a “unique and indispensable role” in the “neural signaling essential for higher intelligence.” — says Simon Dyall PhD, Lipid Research Scientist Bournemouth University, in his 2015 study on the matter. "

Um, the question isn’t whether Impossible Meat is meat. Few people think it is, and those that do are scared of “lab grown meat”, which I don’t think has made it to market yet.

The question was whether it’s food, which it obviously is. The nutritional profile isn’t that dissimilar to peanut butter, complete with vitamins, which no one really denies is food.

It doesn’t provide animal fats or cholesterol, but neither does broccoli, so who cares? If Impossible Meat is going to be your sole source of protein then you may want to talk with your doctor first, but if your sole source of protein is beef, that’s also not the best nutritional decision.

The pre-beef were the aurochs, which are extinct. Modern cattle are likely a bit more modern than domestic dogs.

6 Likes

I have never understood the concept that evil empires are intent on destroying the populace.
What are they gonna do for slaves, or more importantly, customers.
What if they gave a Tupperware party and no one came because they exterminated them?

3 Likes

Sssshhhh. You’re overthinking this. Or… are you ONE OF THEM???

5 Likes

If our key to salvation is MLM parties, I’d rather join the aurochs in extinction.

3 Likes