Belated comments about my meals in SF & surrounding areas.

Re: Burmese restaurants - one thing to consider trying if on the menu is mohinga, a catfish noodle soup that is considered by many to be the national dish of Myanmar.

3 Likes

That was definitely my favorite thing to eat in Burma. it’s supposed to be eaten in the morning.

2 Likes

I think it was one of your posts that caused me to eat there. Thanks.

1 Like

As I said in an earlier post, what gets ordered won’t be solely my decision. I usually pick the restaurant, and what is ordered tends to be a cooperative decision because the food will be shared. Yellow tofu sounds interesting. Burmese Kitchen appears to have more of that on their menu than the other places, but it looks like their spin on it is making it with yellow split peas. Some kind of curry will probably be ordered. Maybe I’ll push for Golden Tofu Curry from there.

Looks like the Burmese restaurants in San Francisco (and Burlingame) have more “Spicy” menu items than My Burma in Davis did. I’m hoping I can squeeze in a couple of Burmese meals this trip. There are some things I would like to try that will probably get resistance from my dining partner, but two meals instead of one might make for less of that.

4 Likes

Compared to you, my special requests make me seem easygoing! :smile: