BEER (2017-2023) - What did we drink (today/recently)?

I haven’t had one in years!

Been years since I’ve had a Molson.

In general, everything does need to be tinkered with and/or updated at some point. It’s when and how it’s done that counts.

Did this one directly replace the label from 1975, or have there been other label changes in between?

The one from 1975, as far as I can tell.

A colab sour beer. Craft breweries in Latvia and Netherlands. I got 3 and this is the last of it.

Does not taste like typical American IPA but it’s good in its own way. I’ve had this one a bunch of time. Drank it with Labskaus (Matjes herring) lunch.

1 Like

American IPAs taste very different depending which region (or coast) it comes from. West coast IPAs are often IBU bombs (which isn’t a bad thing) whereas here on the East coast you get many different hazy IPA (which are much more fruit forward (which is also not a bad thing). And obviously there are many variations in between available across the US.

People around here think “typical American IPA” is high-alcohol hop bombs, lips-smacking bitter and soapy tasting. This is what I taste in “West coast IPA” style.

I would say IPAs by Insel-Brauerei are more east coast style.

I like both east and west coast styles and everything in between. And have a fondness for (DDH) NEIPA. Needs to be bitter, fruity and not soapy, high turbidity is a bonus. I’m especially sensitive to soapy tasting hops and tend to avoid “west coast style” IPAs.

I agree about not liking the soapy taste. That’s about the only way for me not to like and IPA. And I’ll note that there are so many craft breweries now that the regional styles – tendencies, actually – extend all over the country – East Coast style on the west coast and vice versa. And there’s a lot going on in between, of course. I just had a nice Holy Roller IPA from New Orleans that I really liked.

1 Like

Whoa. Got this when it was just a case of going to the brewery and buying it. Apparently this beer was one of those Cantillons that was much sought after.

Don’t know about “Baltic” but this one tastes a lot like Belgian strong/blond ale, such as Duvel. I fell out of love with 99% of Belgian beer so don’t think I’ll get this one again.

3 Likes

My first beer since New Year’s Day . A blood orange IPA from my favourite London brewery, Beavertown.

5 Likes

My favorites…behind bourbon. :blush:

It’s Friday! My second favorite “f” word.

Right behind fourbon, feer, and fodka.

4 Likes

Beer Of The Unknown
(Nothing To Beer But) Beer Itself
Beer And Clothing In Las Vegas
Irrational Beers
Beer-Mongering

1 Like

Lol

I’ve only had Beavertown beers on tap at my regular pub. The pub owner-brewer has good connection with some UK breweries such as Beavertown, The Kernel, and Buxton, as well as Wild Beer (in Somerset). They send beers over regularly. Not sure what happened but I hardly see Thornbridge on tap at my regular pub in recent years. Maybe the brewers had a fallout and they stopped sending beer. But I made it to Bakewell and did a tour of their brewery with tastings at the end. Was fun.

Had this a few times on tap, first time from a tinnie.

The few Belgian beers I still drink are Cantillon and Rochefort. I saved a crate of “number 10” for 10 years. It tasted like chocolate. Really nice.

2 Likes

Almanac Liason Blanc
This was pretty fantastic, sort of a cross between a saison and sour

2 Likes

^^ Not a common style here (yet), at least I don’t remember tasting it.

Kveik is very Norwegian. This site explains Kveik yeast:

I got a box of 24 of this last year. Colab beer from Van Moll (Netherlands) and Haandbryggeriet (Norway). Interesting beer and a new yeast to me.

Drank it with a warm and spicy lunch.

2 Likes

Poured a Coppertail Unholy tripple ale today

Pours a hazy pale yellow, white creamy head

Gone through a few 6 packs

2 Likes

2 Likes

Latest “haul”. Some acquaintances have asked but it stopped me in my tracks the first time. “Is beer from the supermarket not good enough for you?” :thinking:

Costs more than 70 euros for these, but that’s because the big bottle (bottom right) is most expensive, 15 euros.

Next 2 are beer I drank with lunches

Had to get an Anchor. I had forgotten how beautiful the old label was.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of special bitter and this rendition is not bad at all.

Also nice. Supposed to be in the style of farmhouse beer.

Bought the porter again, and also the ale. Thankfully no traces of soap in the ale. Costs more than my favourite Rochefort 10. Beautiful labels. Too bad they got rid of them all (?).

2 Likes