Authentic Schmauthentic!

I was going to say that too. These places have probably been burned one too many times by people complaining or sending food back.

1 Like

Of course, a couple of generations ago, Bangladesh was India, and then it was Pakistan, and the massive migrations in 1948 means that making a firm distinction among India/Pakistan/Bangladesh origins for people in other countries is often problematic. It’s not clear to me that someone from Bangladesh serving “Indian” food is any worse than someone from Gujarat serving Kerala food, or someone from Vermont serving BBQ.

2 Likes

Living in Texas, you’ve drawn a line in the sand.:wink:

2 Likes

I struggle to think of an Indian restaurant in Manc that owes its heritage to East African Asians. I suspect that’s because the immigrant group came with different skills than the hospitality industry.

1 Like

It isn’t “worse”. But then it isnt “Indian” food either. Except in a very broad brush way.

But the founders of Patak’s are from Kenya

Yes, but the original Mr Pathak opened a shop, not a restaurant. I don’t think the family ever had a business in hospitality.

True, most of the indian Kenyans I know are involved in the grocery business and catering rather than actual restaurants.

1 Like

Is that the line in front, behind, or next to the one concerning beans in chili?:grin:

1 Like

Totally intertwined.:rofl:

The line in the sand reference, for those not in the know, refers to Lieutenant Colonel William Barret Travis’ legendary call for the defenders to face certain death in The Alamo by crossing the line.

All were killed March 6, 1836.

Go if in San Antone, it’s downtown, a quick tour, and turn off your stupid cell phones for I know to be a tortuous 30 minutes.

2 Likes