[Aurangabad, India] 4-foot-long masala dosa at Kailash

One I don’t get is the Brits’ use of stones (14 lbs) for body weight. Is it used for anything else?

No, just body weight.

It’s never occurred to me previously to look up the origins of the word but a quick Google found this. Fascinating history.

FWIW, I am sixteen and a half stone (yes, I’m a short, fat man). Without getting a calculator out, I have no idea what that is in pounds or kilos.

It’s exactly the same for me, John. I studied metric all my life and I’m 60 now. Yet, I always say I’m 6 feet 2 inches. I can never remember my height in metric - in fact, I just had to Google it again just now and it’s 1.88 metres. It’s like I have a mental block against it!

@klyeoh Saw this and thought of your 4’ dosa

2 Likes

That looked simply incredible!!

I’m missing all the good food in India, @Saregama ! I had an absolutely fabulous dosa a few days ago at Viva Victoria here in Penang - it was a “normal”-sized one. I actually asked if the chef could make a 4-foot-long one, but they said no - their griddle was not big enough.

Anyway, it’s Chinese New Year season, so there was a lion dance and firecrackers!!

Our Chinese New Year lunch:

10 Likes

I have to say I’m disappointed you couldn’t each eat 1.33 feet of dosa. Maybe there’s more masala hiding inside that thang than here in the US?

Still, seems like a decent deal for $4.81 :joy:

2 Likes

Look at the long list of uttapam on that menu. My favorite food item I make every day/ Ive never heard of putting bananas on them but it sounds good. I’d eat that big dosa and then sleep for a week

1 Like