August trip to New York City

Safe travels …

1 Like

Don’t mix 'em up! And definitely don’t mix up one of them with Newark!

3 Likes

Doubtful ! It is written on her return ticket !!!

Sometimes you get in a cab and you just say the wrong thing. Or the cabdriver hears the wrong thing. It happens.

1 Like

JFK and La Guardia are not very similar in pronounciation !!!

Let´s hope they get an intelligent Taxi Driver !!!

And they don’t just say “take me to the airport.” Not every city has three big local airports (and a bunch of smaller ones).

1 Like

I believe they would tell the Driver La Guardia.

Here we never say just “airport” …

We say "Please take us to Prat Airport - and Terminal # " … (Barcelona) …

It. Was. A. Joke.

6 Likes

That actually happened to my son and DIL on the way! They drove in a different car, and we were all waiting at American Airlines; us in Sacramento, and them in San Francisco. They ended up flying to and from SFO.

Son and DIL usually fly in and out of San Francisco traveling to and from Turkey and we usually use SFO when we fly internationally, but Sacramento is much less hectic and the parking is cheaper.

In this case we were already at the airport when I realized we were leaving from LGA. Fortunately husband navigates the logistics of all but the restaurant ideas.

4 Likes

Oy! Well, don’t tell @Barca. She thinks it’s impossible.

5 Likes

Husband says best bite of the trip!

2 Likes

Well hey! High praise!

(btw I’ve converted lots of not-indian friends to craving this over the years… it used to be a favorite late-night stop at the end of whatever we had been up to - the MacDougal St location used to be open into the wee hours, and a couple of unda chicken rolls are just the thing at that point)

3 Likes

That got me through law school, it just opened up while I was there, seriously. I love mamoun’s, but no matter how poor a student you are, you can’t live off just $2.50 falafel sandwiches.

I never understood mamoun’s…

@shrinkrap

What is impossible ?

A not too smart Taxi Driver ?

Or a confusion over which New York City airport ?

It certainly wasn’t for the hot sauce! Price more than anything, I’ve got very little nostalgia for that.

“my name is bennett and i ain’t in it”

Now that’s vernacular!

4 Likes

Yes.

1 Like

You are diplomatic!

2 Likes

I do not know why I had typed your name.

My error however, sometimes, locating the last post to refer to – is not as simple due to the high
volume of posts.

Anyway, glad you had a nice trip …

1 Like