Are You Affected By Low Energy Levels In Winter? If So, How Do You Cope?

For me, it’s the Summertime. The Summers have been so hot, I have no energy to do anything. Getting out, and seeing the sights always energize me - particularly this time of year. I want to see The Nutcracker ballet, or go to Descanso Gardens, for the Enchanted Forest light show, and try the Maple Cafe.

So many places to visit around town. Even if they are a little touristy.

1 Like

Mod hat on.

This topic is heading to non food talk, it is, therefore move to Not About Food.

Thank you and have a nice day!

On a personal note, I am not a grand fan of hot, dry 40 Degrees Centigrade summers …

Any thing over 30 degrees centig or below 5 to 6 degrees is not my cup of tea. Though I do love a sunny dry crisp (no winds) Winter day with blue skies and dressed properly.

Rain: We need the wáter … Spain can be very very dry.

I do love to ski and so yes, I can appreciate the Winter … And the White pristine snows in the Dolmites. However, I do not like snow in Urban cities … Creates havoc …

Mornings here are approx 5 to 7 degrees centig. However, by 12pm noon, it is close to 18 degrees centig.

So, we have a vast climb up … and it can be very beautiful …

I love the sea, but not extreme heat nor the Sahara Effect … Just too too dry for me …

1 Like

Many good ideas.
For me, winter is just the right balance of ability and achievement.
Especially with regard to gardening.

FOOD gardening!!!:relaxed:

1 Like

Greenhouse time!

3 Likes

Exercise.

I do a full kettlebell workout, but it really doesn’t have to be intense or long.

A short simple walk, even for 5 minutes (preferably outside, weather permitting) does wonders, not only for the physical side of the human psyche, but mental side of the human psyche.

3 Likes

I concur. Physical exercise, fresh air & as much sunlight as possible.

Single malts and/or cannabis for cozy evenings are nice, too. Add a fireplace & a snuggly cat: perfection :star_struck:

I don’t have any issues with SAD or similar effects in the darker days of winter. Maybe it’s because I really LIKE cool weather and get jazzed by it (I’m one of those guys who claims (sometimes not quite honestly) that “I never get cold”). But I seldom do get cold and wear shorts all year round except in church, and in Spring/Summer, I’m always too warm.

My older sister does get symptoms like those described with SAD. She says bulking up on Vitamin D, C helps. She also tries to spend some time outside early-mid afternoons when there’s lots of light, just looking at the light, if that makes sense. Not staring at the sun, I mean, but just making sure she visually gets a good half hour of bright sun as much as she can. She’s also 500 miles North of me, as the crow flies, and I’ve been down South here for nearly 30 years so that may be a difference, too. My winter days are ~ 1.25 hours longer than hers.

1 Like