April 2022 Openings and Closings [Boston and New England]

They do old school Cantonese cafe-style fare. With Yummy Cafe gone and replaced by the pickle spicy fish shop, Quincy could use more comfort food like this. I guess I have my own stereotype about being suspicious of new fad-type restaurant (e.g. the handful of rice noodle soup shops that popped up within the last year).

I only went once for takeout but the lady running the front was very sweet, and said she and her husband opened during the height of pandemic and fortunately were able to survive on word of mouth takeout business.

2 Likes

Devra First’s review of High Street Place (firewall but I think you get a few free articles a month).

1 Like

Per Eater Boston, Oak + Rowan’s last service was Saturday April 16. This really bums me out, I had probably a dozen memorable meals here with nary a dud in them. Granted at least half were on an expense account but I never felt I had not received value for money when I paid myself. Great place to take out of town visitors. I would be even more unhappy if I were still regularly dining out in Boston.

2 Likes

Just clear the cookies for BG and you are all set.

1 Like