Another nail in the coffin of food authenticity

Lobster Mac and cheese.

Crab Alfredo

3 Likes

Lobster thermidor, no?

2 Likes
1 Like

I always thought lobster mac was a total waste of perfectly good lobster meat and perfectly good mac.

5 Likes

And I always found it odd that many treat lobster as the ne plus ultra of shellfish.

1 Like

It’s a weird world we live in when a person has to actually articulate this preference.

2 Likes

It’s the K-Pop crowd.

Kids these days. Sigh.

tenor-145044382

3 Likes

Meekah, you would not believe how much I long for the chili half smokes I used to get in the DC area. Unfortunately, either my tastes have changed or even Weenie Beenie has changed their half smoke supplier. And do not even get me started on the horrible version that Ben’s serves.
It may be a DC thing, but it was a very nice dog in its day.

2 Likes

My first introduction to chili dogs was at an A&W root beer stand, in the South, where my grandparents lived. The hot dogs were dyed red then. God only knows what was in the “chili”. And of course the dog was accompanied by curly fries and a root beer! Good memories! I don’t think I’ve ever had a half smoke. Local smoked kielbasa, yes (not with chili, but with something referred to as “the works”. )

1 Like

I went to HS in the DC area, but it was long enough ago that maybe half smokes had not become a widely known think yet. I have cousins in WV, and I must say a chili dog with a stripe of mustard topped with chili, chopped onion, and coleslaw is delicious. Yes please, to curly fries and a root beer, too!

5 Likes

Lobster Diablo, from the AmĂĄ cookbook. I strongly endorse melted cheese on all the things!

7 Likes

Yum

3 Likes

It’s a cheese-eat-cheese world out there…

5 Likes

I don’t have a photo, because my favorite Boston area restaurant that offered it closed during the pandemic…a lobster melt, with house-made toasted brioche, fresh picked lobster meat, and melty cheese, remains one of my favorite meals of all time.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Now you’ve given me a reason to get some vintage diner divided plates - Mac and cheese in one section, lobster in the other !

3 Likes

Isn’t everything just opinions, man?

1 Like

I love fresh steamed lobster or lobster salad or lobster rolls, but any mac n cheese worth eating will overpower the lobster.

Not crazy about crab mac, either.

2 Likes

Unless you’re talking about potato skins. That’s a fact.
:slight_smile:

Are you trying to pass the lobster photo off as your own?