Advertisement on Hungry Onion: Will we and Shall we?

Non-profit does not mean non-income. It just means that you don’t make a profit…that you take in just enough income to pay expenses. You are even allowed to ferret some away for a rainy day.

Hubby used to work for a non profit. Most badass Christmas parties ever, because they had to spend all the cash at the end of the year!

Non-profit also doesn’t mean charity, either.

1 Like

Well, actually, that is not true. non-profits can sell advertising, sponsorships, t-shirt, and/or books. They are allowed to earn as much income as they want, but the profits need to benefit the organization. There are some caveats for really large non-profits such as gift shops being taxes as for-profits but that is getting into a level of complexity that I have never fully comprehended. None of the non-profits I ran had too much earned income.

2 Likes

I am glad that we can ask Chowhound to put an ad (or sponsorship) there. It should be our first action item. :stuck_out_tongue:

We should give them a discount. In fact, we should NOT charge them anything if they want to sponsor our cause.

1 Like