A question about submitting dining reviews (Detroit)

Still waiting for those reviews.

And if they are coming from Detroit we better remove all the copper first before someone else downloads it.

If any of you are the admin or knows the admin to the Detroit Chow group (Google group), the group hasn’t been active for a few years. but you can always just have the admin send a note to the members to let them know if you become active here.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/detroitchow

The Detroit Food Snob facebook group, seems more about chit chats, however.

1 Like

So the last Great Lakes Invitational at the Joe starts tomorrow night:

Spartans vs. Broncos at 7 pm.

http://www.olympiaentertainment.com/events/detail/great-lakes-invitational-3

Where’s the best spot for pre or post game eats?

1 Like

Thanks for the lead in, VK.

Cobo Joe’s is a tavern right across Congress from The Joe. (nothing special–but very popular)…
Foran’s Grand Trunk Pub is four blocks east, and two blocks up Woodward. Great burgers…
Signature Grille is just south of The Joe and a bit upscale. (rumor has it that they will close after the Wings final game)…
Anchor Bar, on Michigan Ave., three blocks north, is a gin mill with a looooong history, and a decent burger…
Green Dot Stables (my favorite of all of these) is on W. Lafayette, about 3 / 5 of a mile drive from The Joe. Notice, I said “drive”, walking this area, any time of day, is not advised

1 Like

As the French say “duh rien” !

You know I think I mighta been there at least a couple of times. A lot of the 80’s was hazy to begin with, and is not becoming clearer with age.

Wow, that’s changed. Downtown always used to be OK, it was further out like Canfield where you needed to be worried.

In closing, go Spartans!

1 Like

Slight location correction: Anchor Bar is on W. Fort–not Michigan Ave. Half a block from the Federal Courthouse.

So it looks like the Dandy Lions are taking one in the shorts from the Packers yet again tonight.

Where is good to eat around Ford Field?

And is it safe to walk there?

Hey, whatever happened to those recs around Ford Field?