2023 Food Garden!

Bowl of mystery tiny heirloom cherry tomatoes, coMpared to two (2) long-awaited heirloom black cherry tomatoes, which aren’t quiiiite ready to eat.

4 Likes

A bee I’ve not seen before!

Google Lens says it’s Megachile rotundata

2 Likes

It Does look like a Leafcutter or Mason Bee. Here’s a good read on CA bees.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I took so many pics of different bees when I had the tiny tomato farm during the pandemic, I should pull them out to see which ones they were!

1 Like

Green pepper big poppa, Roma tomatoes breaking color, the native goldenrod I planted last fall getting ready to bloom, my first Purple Cherokee for eatin.’

7 Likes

Perfect. Thank you !

Congrats. My P. Cherokees are still green.

Meanwhile, the first Shimmers and black cherries arrive.

5 Likes

6 Likes

My first artichoke didn’t blossom this year. I’m going to try to keep the crown indoors over winter, in peat moss.

https://www.hobbyfarms.com/overwintering-artichokes-cold-climates/#:~:text=To%20overwinter%20containerized%20artichoke%20plants,six%20weeks%20until%20spring’s%20arrival.

1 Like

3 Likes

Beautiful pink Berkeley tie dye. It could be my only one, so I’m excited about it!

5 Likes

Parsnips , heritage squash and cilantro.

8 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Welp.

5 Likes

I am in awe!

1 Like

Very seedy black raspberries. Bumper crop this year.

5 Likes

I’m going to try this with some pluots.

——

Today’s picking

2 Likes

Grapes! There were others that I thought I had hidden from predators, but apparently I hid them FOR predators.

5 Likes

We went away for several days on vacation, harvesting everything from the kitchen garden worth picking before we left. Here is what we came back to after four days of neglect.

7 Likes

Those look great, especially for being “neglected”!

1 Like