108 Garage, Ladbroke Grove, London

You don’t. It may simply be another lie. Or the manager was working her/his last shift anyway (and possibly just tried to screw things up for the restaurant). Lots of possibilities

Slight correction from earlier post. The boss tells me they told her that they had had various issues with the front of house guy and this was the last straw
Still not sure it adds up though. We had menus were literally sat at the pass and had been given four snacks, and the first course. If they thought we were just having snacks why did none of the kitchen staff then ask us if we wanted anything more ??

1 Like

I stick with my “total bollocks” comment.

But during the wait, did you ask any staff what happened to your meal?

Anyway, if you decided to take the deal, make it very clear that you need to know if drinks and wine will be included or not. We have once been invited to a meal by a 5 star hotel group for a project we had worked for their restaurant. At the end of the meal, they brought us the bill, stressing that the main course, a fish for each of us, were offered, drinks, entries and dessert, we need to pay, LOL!

No we didn’t ask. At first didn’t think it was possible they could forget. Just put it down to erratic timing on their part as it was pretty busy.
Then didn’t want to cause a fuss.
Then just plain embarrassed to be honest.
I mean the kitchen staff were close enough to touch us.
They must have known.
I think my GF is tempted by the offer but if other reviews were talking of chef rage I am less inclined to be complicit in that. The email we were promised formalising the offer yet to arrive. Wonder if this has anything to do with my GF mentioning we are not London residents??:roll_eyes:

Bring Harters with you! You all decide a date and go to London and do an HO Chow down! LOL.
Anyway, I don’t think they will do more harm to ruin their reputation…

This place was W E I R D. I wouldn’t want to risk going back, who knows what they’ll put into your food. :grin:

2 Likes