Yummly Thermometer

It worked! Evertime I watch something on YouTube this pops up! I seem to have misplaced my Thermapen and I’m thinking of getting this one.

I can’t figure out who actually makes it.
I like it because you can leave it in the oven without a cord. Anyone familiar.

P.S. I still have about 4 instant read thermometers and will probably find the Thermapen.

1 Like

What a great idea! I just ordered one. :man_dancing:t3:

1 Like

This sounds good. I’m actually researching for a new thermometer.

1 Like

Would like to hear from your experience and how you like it.

2 Likes

Me too.

I’m still trying to figure out how YouTube knew I was a “mark”! I didn’t think I spent much time on YouTube!

1 Like

We have several Thermapens, and DH also uses this Meater thermometer which is amazing…

1 Like

Ooooooo! I want them all!

1 Like

I can use the Thermapens, but leave the bluetooth technology to my engineer…he’s good at that but it makes my eyes glaze over.

Hmmm…I usually only need to know that right headset is connected to the right device!

I don’t use a smartphone, so the interface between the thermometer and his smartphone is Greek to me…as far as headsets go, I use an over the ear pair of Bose with noise cancelling and a jack that plugs into my laptop. DH is trying to drag me into the digital world but I’m with Jan Wasserstein of the Guardian on this https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/nov/04/my-life-without-a-smartphone-is-getting-harder-and-harder

1 Like

I have a Pixel phone because it has a jack, and I have over ear Bose I like especially for travel. I have only really gotten into various earphones because I’ve spent most of the last two years in quasi-confidential Zoom and MSTeams meetings! My sister drives me nuts talking to me on the phone with wireless earphones and carrying on with 10 other things.

3 Likes

I have three ThermoWorks pens. I like their products and use them almost daily for validation. But I like the concept of the Yummly thermometer and for the price makes it worth the buy. Woot woot.

1 Like

I can accidentally click on a wrong link and within minutes that item shows up in an ad somewhere. Even if I used a different device to click on the wrong link.

1 Like

I know that.

Well, Facebook thinks I am need of stain-free, old lady looking underpants, so I’m not sure what to make of that at all! :expressionless: At least they’re offering you something useful.

I’m not completely sold on random bluetooth home appliances yet (not sure I need it, but also have experienced random disconnects which is a PITA). Like others, I do love the idea of a wireless thermometer though - this makes sense (my bluetooth toothbrush, no so much)! Would love to see any feedback from those of you who ordered one of these.

3 Likes

The thermometer arrived yesterday and used it last night. I didn’t do any calibration tests but seared a tenderloin, inserted it, and finished it in the oven. It worked precisely as expected. I’m pretty amazed. Good find @shrinkrap Thank you.

3 Likes

@Respectfully_Declined You are welcome. Got mine too.

Cooking salmon tonight; maybe I’ll use it. I think I might need a second wireless thermometer, since husband I are wanting different temps, and since I like gadgets! I might get the meater!

1 Like

I ordered "The Meater " too. Thank you @retrospek !
:grimacing:

1 Like

My husband loves it!

2 Likes

This looks great, but I would love to hear how they hold up over time. I worry about internal power in a hot environment. I generally use a Thermoworks Dot, which connects with a wire to the display. I am a bit Bluetooth challenged, but I make my Joule sous vide work, so I might give this a try if reports say it is doing well. My son uses a Thermoworks product that connects over the internet, not Bluetooth, so he can monitor his egg when he is at the pool or out shopping (but it is more expensive).

1 Like