Your Most Iconic Food on July 4th

So, my fellow Americans,

July 4th is coming and I wonder what is the single most important food for you on this special day? That is: Independent Day simply isn’t quite the same without it.

Is it hot dog, hamburger, grilled chicken, grilled corn, lemonade, … instant noodle…etc. What is your July 4th food?

3 Likes

Lasagna. (kidding) 4th of July screams Hot Dog’s to me, don’t know why just does. (especially spicy dogs!!!)

1 Like

Same here. Hamburgers used to be my July 4th food (just because I like hamburgers), but in the last 5-10 years, I have slowly viewed hot dogs to be my July 4th food – however I haven’t tried the spicy dog yet.

1 Like

There is a market by me in Colts Neck called Delicious Orchards, they have spicy dogs at their meat counter. I’ve never had them anywhere else like this, they are a delicious hot dog, not sausage, with just the right about of spice to really give it a nice kick. LOVE them. If you are ever in the area stop by, plus they have an excellent produce market. (pricey but good)

1 Like

Hot dogs and potato salad!

3 Likes

We have 3 things every 4th:

Brats
Deviled eggs
Mom’s baked beans

2 Likes

Sabrett makes a spicy hot dog, if you can find it! Or maybe that’s what your market uses?

2 Likes

No I’m pretty sure they are not sabrett’s they are a much larger diameter dog than any I’m aware sabrett makes. I will keep an eye out for sabrett spicy though!!

How timely. Just went to company’s cafeteria, and it offers a July 4th them hot dog meal (with chili, cheese, grilled onion…etc as topping). I guess I just had my July 4th meal. Although it wasn’t very good – the check box has been checked. I am a patriot now.

2 Likes

Can you sing God Bless America for us now. :hotdog:

1 Like

I seem to remember the hot ones were bigger than most Sabretts…which range from 4 hot dogs to 1 lb, all the way up to 13 to 1 lb, which is what they sell in NYC on the street. This website says their hot ones weigh 50 grams so it would be close to their 8 to 1 lb, which only the “fancier” trucks sold.

But since they moved out of Jersey at this point, it probably wouldn’t be worth a drive to the Bronx if you can get them locally. Unless you own a hot dog truck of course :wink:

http://www.sabrett.com/nutrition/4801.html

1 Like

Thanks for all the info!

1 Like

Potato salad sounds very nice. I can eat that year long. Personally, I like egg potato salad even more. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know. My current priority is to find a nearby Jack in the Box.

1 Like

Haha, old sales spiels die hard…too much info I’m sure!

Corn on the Cob, potato salad and watermelon. What goes on the grill, while not an after thought, is secondary.

3 Likes

Gotta have dogs!

It has to be corn on the cob . . .with lots of butter and salt. A cucumber salad. I’m good with either steak or BBQ chicken: corn is key!

3 Likes

4 July is my husband’s birthday so there’s always been a special meal just for him, as in - whatever he wants. The menu changes every year but the dessert always has to be the biggest best Strawberry and Blueberry Shortcake ever presented. It’s been fun finding one each year, and we’ve had some great tastings…

4 Likes

Do they arrange like an American flag?

3 Likes