Your Favorite Way to Cook…

BACON!

Mine are…

1.) Baked on foil lined sheet pan, sometimes brushed with maple syrup.

2.) In a cast iron skillet, starting in just enough cold water to almost reach the top of the bacon.

1 Like

Bottle of wine with plenty of time . :wine_glass:Cheers .

7 Likes

Microwave for a quick fix!

… with clothes on. Those grease splatters are deadly.

5 Likes

Not in a rush.

2 Likes

I like a long braise, or a soup. Invest energy into the prep, let the magic of time do its thing and have lots of leftovers for the freezer.

4 Likes

Baked on parchment. When one pound is ready I put it on a rack and bake the next pound. Two servings!

3 Likes

Preferably with a cocktail in one hand and some good music or an Anthony Bourdain episode on TV in the background.

5 Likes

Sat and Sun when I usually have more time to not rush.

3 Likes
  • Alone. I do almost everything alone, including cooking. Can’t stand the presence of another let alone seeing how they slice or clean something.

• One pot in the oven.

• Chuck everything in, no recipes.

4 Likes

I was responding to what I thought was a question about cooking bacon! Did I misunderstand?

1 Like

It could be read to ask for individual posters to choose a product and describe their approach.

Continuing the current drift, if startles me to realize that I really don’t like to cook. It’s just something that I’ve learned to accomplish out of necessity.

4 Likes

We have a winner!

3 Likes

The One Pot Chef!
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I knew but went along with everyone.

In that case, depends on the types of bacon. Raw, cooked, cured, cured and smoked etc.

Second from top (cured and/or smoked) is my favourite, preferable from Tirol or Hungary.

Best thing about it is oven does the cooking and I’m sipping my beer in the meantime!

5 Likes

No, I read it wrong. I guess it made no sense to me that the word “bacon” wasn’t in the thread title, so I read right past it in the O.P. I have no favorite way to cook bacon, because I don’t eat bacon, so I probably shouldn’t have posted at all!

1 Like

It’s not about bacon; it’s about your favorite way to prepare something.

2 Likes

That’s way harder. Definitely not deep frying. Maybe roasting, then grilling, then braising pork. Maybe smoking, but not usually; smoking pork shoulder.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I think I’d have an easier time answering a question about something I usually cook only one way, like skate. Although now that I think about it, in addition to sauteed with brown butter, I also make a poached skate salad and a romanesco skate soup.

7 Likes

I realized this already, it’s something that I do okay that people seem to enjoy. I’m not one to try to cook the same thing in 10 different methods and test different timing when the first recipe worked. I still consider myself a lazy cook.

4 Likes