Your favorite restaurants on Long Island

Your favorite restaurants on Long Island
Purely personal
Purely an opinion
All votes are equal

and… GO!

Curious, when Iived in Bayside I had a favorite restaurant for chicken scarpariella. It was just off the Willets Ave exit on the expressway. I believe it was called Sotta Luna. I see one in Roslyn Heights. I wonder if that’s the same?

1 Like

Most of our exposure to Long Island restaurants was lunches long ago at diners that looked like proper diners (sole criterion for turning off the road) because we were driving all around during the day for business. We recall one non-diner restaurant worth returning to for its hefty veal chop – Giulio Cesare.

1 Like

My sister in law had a place in Rocky Point. We used to go to a little place called Deck’s out there. Prime rib, onion soup. The owner was alway around the tables and was a character.

1 Like

Cliff’s Elbow Room Jamesport

2 Likes

Yes it is still there and the same owners. I lived in the area for 30 plus years, moved from there about 8 years ago. I was there the week it opened and still find it consistent.

2 Likes

Giulio Cesare…OMG…I remember a couple walking in when we were just seated and ordering our drinks. They were carrying a baby basket/ car seat with them . She was a tall blonde, he a short dark haired guy…
Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley…They were seated next to us, and were quite friendly to us…needless to say her looks were breathtaking, and I never looked at my food!!!

1 Like

Three restaurants come to mind in Floral Park , where I grew up. Although these restaurants did not exist when I lived there, but because of my connections still to the neighborhood:
Crabtrees ; Jericho Turnpike in Floral Park
Capo’s ; Covert Avenue, In Floral Park
Positano ; Hillside Avenue, (at Herricks Road) Shopping Center

1 Like

No surprise – had you figured for having Uptown Girl tastes !

2 Likes

I just laughed out loud… https://www.chowhound.com/post/visit-dinner-896776?commentId=8055137

1 Like

Which diner was that?