When Pigs Fly, Formaggio Kitchen [Camberville, MA]

Does anyone know what is going into the old FK space? I’m so curious!!!

1 Like

Welcome, @SaltyOpinionsUnlimited ! Looking forward to many salty and unlimited opinions from you.

About your question: Nobody seems to know, not even the new owner FK (or she was hiding something from me). There was a rumor for a while in Huron Village that Sofra was expanding there, but people in the know deny that.

4 Likes

I heard that same rumor and was so happy! It’s really driving me nuts. Thanks for responding. Mystery continues…

1 Like

My own reaction to the Sofra rumor was a mix of joyous excitement and apprehension. The joy for obvious reasons, the apprehension for what much easier access would do to my waistline.

2 Likes

Excellent point lol. Could it be that nothing is planned yet and it’s still available? Is that stating the obvious? I never claimed my opinions were hot takes. :grimacing:

1 Like

No, it’s not obvious what’s going on in that space. The glacial pace of renovations there lends itself to many interpretations.

On the other hand, the corner space next to the new location of FK is (multiple knowledgeable sources tell me) to be an “Iggy’s Cafe”, yet there, too, progress proceeds by millimeters a month for reasons that are not clear.

2 Likes

I also have heard that the corner location, I think former gallery, is going to be an Iggy’s BUT one that only serves croissants. Plus maybe be a mini wine bar at night? Doesn’t sound right but I’ve heard that from multiple sources. Iggy’s isn’t my favorite so not that excited. Rather have a scone from FK any day.

2 Likes

Do you have a favorite bakery?

Fair question. I like La Saison Bakery and Sofra. I love the people at Iggy’s. I enjoyed the olive loaf but that’s discontinued. What’s your favorite?

Answered here:

We too loved the olive rolls from Iggy’s and are sad they are no more.

However, it has challenged me to gather recipes and try olive rolls at home.

And, everything I’ve ever tried at Sofra has been worthy of multiple repeats…the baked goods sweet and savory, appetizers, entrees, iced drinks, etc. I don’t get there very often…

1 Like