What's for Dinner #84 - the National Food-A-Day Month Edition - August 2022

We’re camping and last night made our family favorite, angel hair with fresh homegrown tomatoes, CSA basil, garlic, and olive oil. Sides of chicken breast cutlets, sauteed CSA broccolini and an arugula salad with lemon-shallot vinaigrette, blueberries, and croutons as well as Italian prosciutto, poppy-peppercorn water crackers, and marinated olives. Purchased cheesecake brownies for dessert. Biltmore Brut in our insulated tumblers :grin:

22 Likes

Love how the pasta is your main & the chicken your side.

3 Likes

The menu is definitely glamping! Fabulous!

4 Likes

Farmer taught me that trick many years ago. I was resistant at first, now it’s the only way I cook it.
I do 3 ears 9 min. Half that time if I’m going to char it on the grill.
Love corn season!

2 Likes

Not the most photogenic dish but I loved it. Quite spicy. Similar to street corn tho less messy to eat.

19 Likes

Pholourie (split pea fritters) with tamarind/date chutney, okra with scotch bonnets, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and coconut. The pholourie and okra were for our current COTQ. Leftover rice alongside.

24 Likes

Looks amazing!

2 Likes

It was just a half a breast (cut lengthwise). :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Giant rib eyes tonight with Caesar salad and onion rings. Malbec for me and IPA for him.

23 Likes

Count me in! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Wow!!!

2 Likes

Bare minimum cooking tonight.

Lemon-pepper sauteed Gulf shrimp on top of salad greens. I used up some radishes, red bell pepper, red onion, and cukes, with grated carrot, chopped tomatoes, goat cheese and a lemon-tarragon-parsley vinaigrette. Not too bad.

A glass of wine during prep. Ok, a large enough pour that it lasted through dinner as well. :wink:

21 Likes

I’m a little behind in posting so I am sharing linguine with zucchini and mint and sliced red pepper and half an avocado for dinner last Thursday.

18 Likes

Yesterday’s take out lunch was a cheese tray from a nearby restaurant so I had crudites for dinner.

12 Likes

Tonight’s dinner started with a spring roll that I forgot to photograph, a venison pot pie from the pricey butcher and beans from my CSA.

16 Likes

…and then there was corn.

13 Likes

Dessert was a chocolate mousse cake.

14 Likes

Individual chicken pies
IMG_1962
IMG_1963
IMG_1964

Comfort food on foggy SF summer day.

24 Likes

Leftover scallion chicken - with mushrooms and garden peas – in a light cream sauce over pasta.

17 Likes

We enjoyed another outstanding dinner at. Bistro D’Azur in South Orange, NJ including duck 3 ways (duck breast, duck confit salad, foie gras), whole branzino, excellent straciatella salad, fruit de mer, and flourless chocolate cake with coffee ice cream for dessert. We also had an amuse bouche of tuna and avocado. It all went great with an excellent red blend and Brunello di Montalcino.

13 Likes