What's For Dinner #83 - the I Scream, You Scream Edition - July 2022

Oh. Em. Gee. I had to go look this up as I’ve never heard of it. Where did you find it in the stupidmarket?

3 Likes

I purchased it at grocery outlet for 1.99

3 Likes

Fantastic! The tip about the softening of the carrot is appreciated. Do you have a preference for the raisins? Sultanas because they are lighter in color? I will try this recipe this weekend. Thank you!

Sultanas, because they seem to keep longer in my pantry without drying out - lol. :laughing:

2 Likes

I could probably do the same thing by adding President garlic/herb cheese and some heavy cream.

2 Likes

Simple meal here again last night. Chicken thigh, rice pilaf, and broccoli - broccoli was slightly overcooked and while I don’t like it crunchy, I do prefer it at the cooked just right stage. Haven’t overcooked broccoli in a long time and hope to never do so again.

15 Likes

boursin cooking cream, as in, NOT the cheese?
i’ve never seen it, does it live in the dairy section?

2 Likes

ok just saw this - i’ll take a look for it! i just rediscovered Boursin the cheese from Grocery Outlet a couple weeks ago.

2 Likes

that looks luscious! haven’t made bucatinia in a while…

1 Like

I had a pile of peas from our farm share plus a couple slices of prosciutto that I needed to use up. The answer was a one-pot meal of mafaldine pasta with peas and prosciutto in a light cream sauce.

There are a lot of peas hiding under that pasta.

22 Likes

fer realz? you’d not heard of boursin until now??? :exploding_head:

A sudden ’ Crudo Seafood ’ urge/attack prompted me to pay ‘CHO-SAN sushi,

Markham’ a visit.

For tonight’s dinner, picked up this extremely fresh looking Sashimi platter for $39 ( Maguro, Hamachi, Tai, kinme Dai, Hotate, Aji, Kanpachi, Sake, Tako ) augmented with $24 more of Hamachi Belly!

21 Likes

Just noticed there were 2 slices of Mirugai in the mix!!

1 Like

I love hamachi. And the belly? Swoon.

1 Like

i said RE-discovered.

4 Likes

Salmon and shrimp chowder with homemade oyster crackers.

22 Likes

Grilled chicken fajitas, fresh corn salad with avocado, radishes, green onion, sherry vinegar and oo dressing. Tequila.

18 Likes

Mrs. P made pulled duck leg confit salad with various fresh fruit, ginger, radishes, mini peppers, mini cucumbers, arugula, sautéed red onions, topped with hoisin sauce and shaved parmigiano reggiano cheese (not pictured). It all went great with an excellent Shiraz.

16 Likes

Khao kha moo - Thai braised pork leg with rice, with broccolini, boiled egg, preserved mustard greens, and chili garlic vinegar sauce.

21 Likes

Steak Frites. Filet cooked medium rare, grilled asparagus, homemade French Fries.

Tito’s rocks to drink.

23 Likes