What's for Dinner - #81 - the Planting Month - May 2022

Yes, understand! I’m sure he appreciates the effort. I haven’t eaten yet and it is hunger-inducing. We’re having pork too, in gravy and with asparagus. Mashed taters too. Pics to follow. Re: your son, fat and protein fuel the brain well.

1 Like

He cleaned his plate, we did some flashcards (it’s World History), then he took a shower to relax and is now doing some version of the wordles he has addicted me to. Sorry bad grammar. There is an octordle that is 8 words at once, and I can’t stop.

6 Likes

I had a late lunch so I wasn’t very hungry. A simple shrimp salad with Louie dressing.

24 Likes

Well good luck to the young one - I’m sure he’ll do very well!

3 Likes

A day’s worth of broccoli (garlic, red onion) with leftover mustard salmon and quinoa-rice.

The broccoli was really delicious.

20 Likes

Rice, spicy cucumber, sogogi doenjang-jjigae

21 Likes

Love the asparagus broth idea. Linda Whit gave me the idea to save corn cobs for a cheering broth in darkest winter and a promise that corn season would eventually come.

3 Likes

Your family is so lucky! I think of you as the queen of entree salads but you really do it all!

Those shrimp :heart_eyes:

1 Like

OK, this sounds great.

1 Like

Could you please share the recipe, or how you made it if it’s not a formal recipe?
Thanks

Aw, thanks! I do like my entree salads lol. Left to their own devices, my kids would rarely eat produce because it’s more work than chips. But they’ll eat plenty of produce if someone cleans and peels and chops it up! And actually, YOUR family is so lucky. And your friends. Your cooking range and generosity astound me.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of reducing kitchen waste. Many of my veg scraps (as well as meat scraps) go into freezer bags for various stocks. If you’re inclined, try those corn cobs with some shrimp shells for a stock that makes a great base for seafood chowders.

2 Likes

Sort of bouillabaisse with sea bass, cherry tomatoes, fennel, potatoes, saffron and white wine. It probably took about 30 to put together. Totally worth the effort or lack therefore.

21 Likes

Haha, thanks. The description does read like Linda bait.

1 Like

They’re right :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice amuse.
Not as fancy as previous ( Swiss Rosti and Caviar ) version.
This time simply use North Atlantic Sweet shrimps, soy-sauce/Mirin/Sake marinated Ikura and Mayo on Melba Toast

21 Likes

How pretty!

1 Like

Felt like salad. Made some. The Maille Dijon was stronger than I thought it would be, so it kinda overpowered everything else in the vinaigrette - but thankfully I like mustard :slight_smile:

Buttermilk, cayenne, paprika, roast chicken seasoning-marinated chicken tits cut into bite-size pieces, and sautéed together with brown button shrooms. I’m still in awe (and on a learning curve) of our pad’s induction cooking field. Might be swayed to look into it when I get back home.

Fabulously tart and refreshing rhubarb schorle on the side.

19 Likes

An artful cast, lazily trailed the line in the water, and then WHAMMO! I’m hooked. :wink:

3 Likes