What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

Is it: Cook Korean! A Comic Book with Recipes? I have that one. I enjoyed looking through it, but I haven’t made anything from it. The recipes seem pretty straightforward, which I like.

1 Like

Love the cocktail umbrella!

3 Likes

Haven’t had any geoduck in years. I’ll have to look for it if we make to Manhattan’s Chinatown again.

I was lucky two weeks ago. Two weeks ago, at a store, I saw these small geoduck clams sold for $30 per pound. They were small…etc, but after I prep them, they were pretty tasty and favorful. Very small amount was already favorful. After such a nice experience, last week, I went to a different store, and they have these large geoducks you see in my photo, $10 per pound, inexpensive, big and meaty… unfortunately, very blend and even not smell that great.
They are well and alive. The photo you see I have above is a live geoduck after I bought it home.
I am hoping I will get lucky tomorrow.
Good luck to you too.

2 Likes

Tonight roasted baby bok choy, garlic and onions.
Pan fried mushroom, peppers, bok choy tops.
Roasted sweet potato in a Balsamic reduction.
Unwrapped salmon and it needs to go back to the grocery store.
This was light and refreshing.

@TheLibrarian28,

Yes, it is Cook Korean !
It looks like a good read yet I’m not sure how easy it will be to cook from. I guess that it will take some getting use to.
It was really sweet of DH to pick it up so I’ll give it a go.

Thank you, I saw the umbrella in a hollowed out young coconut filled with Red Curry chicken. Unfortunately, the Restaurant did not survive the Pandemic so I may, one day, try that instead next time.

19 Likes

Teriyaki ribeye, mushroom fried rice, Goma-ae Green Beans, chakalaka (South African/ Zimbabwean beans with curry powder, tomato and ginger) and salad.

Chakalaka

20 Likes

Shrimp in garlic-shallot white wine cream sauce over Israeli couscous with asparagus alongside.

Wine to drink. And my sister texted me and made me turn on the TV to watch “The Ten Commandments,” as that has been a tradition for my family as long as I can remember. A truly classic cast of Charlton Heston, Yul Brynner, Anne Baxter, Edward G. Robinson, Yvonne De Carlo, Debra Paget, John Derek, John Carradine, and Vincent Price.

No CGI. Just simple green screens with added in backgrounds in post-production. Seven Academy Awards.

27 Likes

Around here most folks go for either striped bass, black sea bass or fluke and they tend to “specialize” -my husband prefers fluking. He’s not a fan of trolling unless it’s for tuna. The regs in NJ are a little more relaxed but still too strict according to him. He’s very much looking forward to this season as we sold our 28’ boat and bought a new boat. We’re keeping our fingers crossed it’s ready while there’s still some season left.

Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to try it.

5 Likes

We enjoyed another sensational dinner at Cafe Panache in Ramsey, NJ including herb crusted lamb loin with spinach, and a savory bread and butter pudding and rosemary jus; panko crusted halibut, bok choy, forbidden black rice, and a wasabi sake sauce; burrata, asparagus, and prosciutto di parma; garlic shrimp with avocado. It all went great with a couple of excellent cabernets.

17 Likes

An easy Caldo Verde with fresh Spanish chorizo sausage. Kale from the garden.

21 Likes

Tell your husband it’s a “fluke” when mine catches a keeper striped bass :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Will do!

After a stupid day, a stupidly easy meal. Chicken cutlet, asparagus, shaved Asiago. Garlic-Pecorino mashed potatoes.

To drink: a martini based on a speciality cocktail I got at a classy bar pre-Covid that I haven’t gotten back to.

To snack on whilst cooking: this stuff was very good. Not mind-blowing but pleasant. There was a pronounced anise flavor but overall I really enjoyed it.

25 Likes

Shrimp and pea risotto with leftover gremolata sprinkled over, salad of mixed greens, radish, baby bells, cucumber, green onion, o&v dressing.

A dirty Gibtini.

25 Likes

New York strip, first sugar snaps to make it to the kitchen, and cauliflower my way.

PXL_20220410_022400587

32 Likes

That calls to me…my favorite cut of steak, well-seared, and gorgeous vegetables.

4 Likes

that looks sooo good. Great movie too.

And much less depressing than "Give Us Barabbas ".

Two breakfast pizzas for dinner.

The top is egg, chorizo and roasted peppers with fresh mozzarella. The bottom is ricotta, smoked salmon, red onion and capers with a dash of everything bagel seasoning. A play on a bagel, cream cheese and lox.

21 Likes

Gimmie