What's For Dinner #80 - the Silly Bunny with Eggs Edition - April 2022

In our backyard, at least, the Martha Washington asparagus spears are skinnier than the Jersey Knights. So I think you are right, it can depend on variety. Ours got all mixed up in one patch, and I just use the different widths for different things.

4 Likes

Tacos tonight to use up the braised pork. Made jalapeños torreados to go with, along with some radish and cilantro for garnish.

24 Likes

That looks so amazing!

2 Likes

Yum!

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

I made Cuban Black Beans, pork spiedini ( FarmBoy- already marinated), reheated leftover Parisienne potatoes from a Portuguese churrasqueira, mixed salad, frozen veg with garlic, onions, cilantro and lime.
Sugar & maple pie

and baked almond milk Arborio rice pudding for dessert.

14 Likes

I’d be happy to give you a call the next time Mr Bean catches some. Where are you in the summer?

i asked the BF to make us this:

which he did - a creamy parmesan sausage soup. maybe not the best choice on a 90 degree day, but it was good! he also roasted some eggplant alongside.

27 Likes

Salade Niçoise

27 Likes

Burger with cheddar cheese - onion, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder in the patty and a maple syrup, aceto balsamico, mustard glaze. Served over arugula and with bacon and truffle aioli.

25 Likes

Zurich, Switzerland.

1 Like

White pizza with fresh asparagus, marinated artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, a garlic-oregano bechamel and three cheeses. Crust is Lahey’s no-knead pizza crust. Garden greens.

31 Likes

Well, that may be a little far to come for dinner as I am in New Jersey. But if you are ever in my area you are more than welcome!

1 Like

Eggs were recently on sale so I bought my limit of 4 dozen. I decided to hard boil one of the dozen. Then I had no idea what to do with them all. Many of my favorite Indian restaurants serve numerous variations of Egg Curries and decided that sounded perfect for a cold, rainy night. I ended up loosely following a recipe for Egg Aviyal from Curried Favors by Maya Kaimal MAcMillion. I picked it because it called for yogurt, which I had a smidge to use up, and lots of curry leaves which I love. I added a bit of canned of tomatoes and some frozen peas, both of which I had taking up space in the fridge.

28 Likes

Thanks for posting the one egg hollandaise!

1 Like

That pizza looks so delicious

@Phoenikia

Thank you! I should have included the cheeses: parm, low-moisture mozz and fresh mozz. It was terrific.
I made enough of the bechamel for two, so will be repeating soon.

2 Likes

I want it for breakfast, with an egg on top lol

2 Likes

Last night we made herbed lamb chops, roasted yellow beets, and buttered broccoli with a green salad. Very tasty.

27 Likes

Creamy Rigatoni with Asparagus and Seaweed

From Eric Kim/nyt. Pretty good

31 Likes