What's For Dinner #79 - the Carly Simon "An-ti-ci-pay-yay-shun" Edition - March 2022

Yes, it sounds like it’s time for a retry - it’s been a few years. I suspect I probably had the water too hot and steeped for too long.

Multinational pizza. Stonefire crust, Rao’s pizza sauce, manchego cheese, cajun sausage and shrimp, shallots, baby bells, castelvetrano olives and a sprinkle of parsley. Salad with o&v dressing. Oregon beer.

18 Likes

Tortellini with fennel, peas, spinach, prosciutto and garlic in a chicken broth and cream sauce

19 Likes

Thanks for the link. Yours looks even better with the greens.

1 Like

Bucatini with vodka sauce and grilled chicken. While I think the sauce stuck wonderfully to the pasta, this meal really should have been penne or rigs. My mistake in wanting to try something new! A “meh” meal.

19 Likes

Chilaquiles de guajillo with black beans and rice.

22 Likes

Its happened to me more often then not .

1 Like

Spaghetti with preserved lemon, fermented chili flakes, arugula, shrimp

27 Likes

I love your application of preserved lemon - I’ve got a few jars from the pandemic and am making mental notes of ways to use them up!

2 Likes

Ya, I love them in quick pastas like this. Another favorite also includes Dijon mustard.

(post deleted by author)

Pork Tenderloin Piccata from Simply Julia. We hadn’t had pork tenderloin in many, many years and it was really good and super quick. It could be added to the Office Day Dinners list due to simplicity. Served with buttered egg noodles and roasted asparagus.

26 Likes

We have a new local fishmongers. Tuesday is the day for clams. So tonight was spaghetti vongole along with a nice bottle of viognier.

20220322_191006

22 Likes

All you corned-beefers, I’m curious whether you spice your own and cook it, or buy a pre-spiced one and cook it. Lots of delish looking corned beef photos upthread!!!

Roast Cornish hens tonight, with lemon, garlic, thyme, oregano, ground coriander and rosemary, stuffed with Arborio rice.

Salad with leftover roasted beets and dill

20 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was a garbure basque.

21 Likes

Purchased rotisserie chicken, sauteed curly and red kale, green beans sauteed with tomatoes, and Tuscan kale salad with balsamic dressing, dried cranberries, radishes, and chopped almonds.

16 Likes

Long day.
Late getting home.
Needed something quick and easy.

BISO chicken thighs drizzled with olive oil, and seasoned with Penzeys Old World seasoning augmented with some extra dried thyme and roasted in a 400° oven.

Near East rice pilaf and steamed green beans with toasted almonds alongside.

It worked.

22 Likes

Dinner tonight was Rao’s grilled pork chops with hot and sweet peppers . Chops were 12 oz. Kurobuta monsters from Snake River Farms. Green beans, tossed in the drippings from the pork and then roasted. Smashed red potatoes. Lord Hobo Boom Sauce for him and a glass of rosé at dinner for me and some Ardbeg 10 year as dessert.

22 Likes

Long aggravating late day. But in contrast to @LindaWhit I took the easy way out. I had a recent shipment from Cal Avocados Direct so dinner was a perfect avocado with lemon juice, EVOO, sea salt and cobanero chilies. Plus an unpictured slice of sourdough toast.

25 Likes